In "my tasks" when sorted by due date, please make headers for “today, tomorrow, Wednesday” etc

I would like to request that for the “my tasks” view sorted by due date, you please add headers for “today, tomorrow, Wednesday” etc. It’s a bit confusing to see every single to do I have in one long list, even if they are sorted by due date. It would be much easier to read/process if the list was broken out so I can see specifically with one glance “what do I have to do today? And tomorrow?”

Thanks so much!

Suggestion for a short term fix: You can add sections to ‘My Tasks’ and drag the tasks into the correct sections. (It won’t automatically sort your tasks.) I do this - it definitely makes a difference to my task management, and is much less overwhelming than a single long list.

I find that for it to work best, I need to spend a minute or two each morning checking my tasks are in the right section. But it saves me much more time throughout the day than it takes up.

That’s an interesting work around. Though I know I definitely can’t convince all of our team members to spend time every day sorting their tasks like that. So some kind of automatic sorting into “today, tomorrow, next day” categories for “my tasks” would be much appreciated!

Update: Now that I’ve dowloaded the Asana mobile app, I see that they do automatically sort tasks under headings for “today, tomorrow, etc.” in the calendar view. I LOVE this! Anyway to bring this to the desktop version as well? Thank you!

2 Likes

The mobile app calendar feature is perfect for automatic task organization. This really needs to be in the browser version – currently it is extremely cumbersome to see what is happening when you have many tasks and many have start-due dat ranges.

It seems dump to have to use my phone as the best way to see what I have to do and then the browser as the best way to manage the tasks themselves.

1 Like

In the Home page where “My Tasks” are listed, it would be great to have to option to organize them Kanban-Calendar (Today, Feb 19; Tomorrow, Feb 20; etc) style.

Alternatively, it would also work if I could re-arrange tasks within Calendar view. Currently, I have to re-arrange my tasks based on priority in the My Tasks page then head over to the Calendar page (so that I don’t feel overwhelmed about the amount of work I need to do lol).

Also, it is hard sometimes to determine which tasks are carry-over from yesterday or the day before vs ones are that new to today. Kanban-Calendar would help greatly with this!

1 Like

Hi @Ingrid,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I wanted to let you that I merged your comment with this main thread about ‘My tasks’ calendar view to consolidate feedback.

Let us know if you have anything to add :slight_smile:

You can now group by Due Date in My Tasks or you can use rules to move to custom sections marked due today/ due tomorrow based off of the due date

This is a big problem, I want sort by due date, not group by due date. Why did you remove that option?!?!?!