Introducing Asana Timeline: create and view project timelines

I’ve been waiting for this feature! Looking great so far. My biggest needs would be making the timeline view available for 1) advanced searches/reports, 2) My Tasks, and 3) tags. Basically it would it would really help my team to work cross-collaboratively if we had the option to see anything as a timeline view whenever possible :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would also like to chime in that in the management team we absolutely need a bird’s eye view of all the projects in a single timeline. If the Timeline feature can deliver this, that will just make Asana a complete solution for planning.

Additionally, it would be excellent to have a single Timeline (combining multiple projects) that can show different levels of details. For example, project level, section level and task level.

4 Likes

Hi Alexis, we love timeline but also miss subtasks in Timeline. That would be a great update.

3 Likes

Hi @Alexis, My team and I are also big fans of the timeline view. I’ve even reorganized our ongoing projects to make use of this feature. I want to add another vote for subtasks being integrated in the timeline view. It seems like it would be ideal for projects like pipelines, product launches, or social media posts. This would also allow for more informed tracking when you look back at the finished work (the dashboard and exporting options are ideal for this, but limited to the project level.)

Thanks for the awesome feature!

4 Likes

Can’t you do this also with Asana? Creating a Gantt project then adding tasks from other projects to that one, then view its timeline?

Very much would love to see at least a ‘expand to view’ option. Very odd to have dependencies that don’t show.

Can Timeline be enabled to view all projects at one time?

6 Likes

Not at this time, but we’re glad to hear this is something you’re interested in!

3 Likes

I’m a fairly new Asana user but a huge fan of Gantt diagrams. So the timeline is a great new feature for me but would love to be able to manage subtasks in the timeline as well.

1 Like

@Alexis This is great! Is it possible to add time frames for task due dates to project templates? Example, task A should be due 2 weeks after project kick off date. Task B should be due 5 days after project kick-off date.

2 Likes

@Ryan_Plummer that’s a neat idea! This is not possible now, but I’ll bet it’s something the product team is thinking about as they plan for updates.

1 Like

I’m in the same situation! Would love to use premium but it’s just me so seems a waste to pay for 5 members!

HI, is there any plan to add timeline view to the iOS apps?

2 Likes

I was getting ready to post the exact same question. Hopefully someone chimes in.

We are also missing subtasks in timeline. Would be a huge benefit to have that.

4 Likes

Yes this is really needed please!

Hi Alexis - Is there an update on displaying subtasks in the gantt? Be great if you could hide/toggle them in the gantt when you implement this.

5 Likes

It would be great to have a legend as part of the timeline view so I know what the colors represent! (and yes, having multiple projects in one timeline would be fantastic – at the moment I’m putting all “projects” into one but it would be more elegant to have them separately created but visible together)

4 Likes

Hi Andrea
Concerning the legend, you can add your vote here (topic is already opened):

7 Likes

That’s what my entire team is asking for. I thought that upgrading to premium would get us an entire team timeline not just by project basis. I guess we still have to depend on instagrantt.

3 Likes