iOS Workflow App + Apple Watch = Dictate Tasks to Asana

I setup a workflow (iOS app) that takes a text (speech on Apple Watch) input and passes it as the subject line in an email to x@mail.asana.com. It’s pretty straight forward and granted not that beneficial on the phone since I can 3D press the Asana app to do the same thing directly.

However, when I put the Workflow complication on my Apple Watch then it is a single press to dictate a task that goes right to the inbox.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of the workflow as I have it setup

iOS Workflow App - Select Reminders to push to Asana
Apple Watch app

That’s awesome, @Geoff_Manning. Sounds like a clever use of email to Asana. I’ve also heard of folks using IFTTT to set up similar flows with Alexa.

What tasks do you find yourself dictating most often from your Apple Watch?

Oh, a wide variety from home tasks to work, to long term goals. I’m trying to follow GTD so any and everything that pops into my head the requires more thought goes into my Asana inbox.

I tried first with IFTT but didn’t like it. Never had consistent results with it firing properly. Also, it leaves the iOS Reminder on the phone so now it’s in two places (iOS Reminder and Asana Inbox).

I’m trying to do the same thing. How did you get it going? Is it dictate text action? For some reason on my side it requires handoff and I gotta do it on the phone

Here is how I have mine setup, hope this helps!

Hi Geoff,

I would like to have workflow app create a task in asana from a recording on the iPhone.

I managed to do this by sending an email with the file as an attachment. But that can cause problems with big file sizes. So I am wondering if this works via the asana api?

Do you have experience calling the asana api with workflow?

Thanks for sharing this.

Very powerful and just works. Thanks for putting this together.