Search for @mentions in Asana

I have a user in my org who would like to be able to see a list of tasks they’ve been tagged in. I’ve tried to do an advanced search and it hasn’t really returned the data I need. I’m inputting the name of the person in the “has tags” field but it doesn’t really give me what I want. Is this search even possible?

2 Likes

Hi @Vai_Cheung

Do you mean @ mentions? If so, I don’t think there’s a specific search for that. However, whenever a person is @ mentioned in a task, they become a collaborator. The nearest thing I can think of is to search for all tasks followed by that individual - Followed By is one of the fields in advanced search.

The alternative is to create an actual tag for each team member, which can be attached to any task - as long as you don’t have hundreds, of course!

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Hudson, yes I do mean @mentions. Thanks for this. Useful. I’d forgotten that @mentions are added as collaborators so I think this might be sufficient. Creating an actual tag for each member is not really a viable option as we do have about 100 users. Thanks again for your response.

1 Like

There is an option to see tasks that have been “Commented on by” (screenshot below) a certain teammate, but as @Mark_Hudson mentioned, there is not an option to filter by tasks where a certain teammate is commented to.

We’ll capture this as a feature request for the product team, and any other information you can share about how this would be helpful for your team would be great to include. Thanks for sharing!

11 Likes

I want to find the list of task where a particular Asana User is @mentioned in Comment or Description of a task.

I found option to list the task “Commented on By” via advance search : +Add Filter → People → Commented on by

Which give the list who has commented on particular task, which is itself a great feature.

But i need, the list of task, where Asana Organization/Workspace/Team Member/User/Guest has been Mentioned via @mention tag.

Is there any feature like this in Asana ? or any work around for this ? This would be great help for me and my organization.

Thank you
Amit

2 Likes

No you can’t (yet)

There’s a similar thread here, @ARaj:

Thanks for flagging this @Mark_Hudson! I’ve gone ahead and merged this thread with Search for @mentions in Asana

1 Like

Any updates on when we might be able to search for @mentions in Asana?

Katie

Not at the moment @Katie_Reynolds; as far as I’m aware, this isn’t in our near-term plan, but certainly something we will consider in the future!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Marie. With things falling down the Inbox quickly it would be great to have a work around to make sure you are seeing your @ mentions. Seems like we are missing communications.

Katie

3 Likes

Hi Marie! Is there any update on this request? Thanks!

Just adding to this: Ability to see comments in which one is mentioned seems like a nearly critical requirement. How do I keep track of what folks are asking of me in Asana? Yep, major lacuna, @Asana!

1 Like

This hasn’t been solved. It goes beyond people…

If you @ mention_task, how can I search to see everywhere this task is mentioned?
So if I’m taking meeting minutes in Asana for a contact and they reference 3 different tasks in 3 different projects… how can I reference that so that later I can search to see everywhere a specific task was mentioned?

2 Likes

Would love to see an update on this @Marie or anyone else on the Asana team. Our team and all users/subscribers would really benefit if we could see when comments are tagging someone and if they are left without any response. This has become a bit of a problem and if we can isolate or surface the numerous times we’ve tried to ping someone for clarity and we experienced radio silence, that’s a great “paper trail” that we can literally see on any other platform we use besides Asana… :frowning:

Hi @Peter_Kim, I’m afraid I don’t have an update on this topic at the moment; but I’ve gone ahead and sent a note to our team to make sure this is considered for our next search update!

I would als see a search function to get all tasks where I have mentioned someone in order to know if there has been progress :confused:

Me too. I’ve been told i have been mentioned but cant see where or on what task or when. its really frustrating!

1 Like

Monday.com has a quick search query that’s “Things i was mentioned in and didn’t reply” and it was critical for us to make sure we didn’t miss anything. This is a huge gap for us on this product, hope that use case helps! Would LOVE to see this implemented in asana.

4 Likes