Moving Projects Between Workspaces/Organizations

I’ve tried using the link above and works for projects that are in the list format but not for boards. Has anyone else experienced that or found a workaround?

The tool has been created long time before the existence of Boards in Asana, I guess the tool needs to be updated.
Has anyone communicated this to the programmer of the tool?
I have not found another tool so far.

Best,
Sebastian

1 Like

Thanks for the help, guys!

1 Like

You can also highlight all tasks in a project, right-click and copy.
Then switch to the new workspace and open a project.
Click into the task field and right-click Paste.
This will copy over all tasks.

If you copy completed tasks, these will become active tasks when you paste.

9 Likes

It would be good to have the option to move projects to another workspace, hope it will become available soon.

2 Likes

@PC1 I encourage you to vote on this request in the product feedback category here: Viewing all assigned tasks across multiple workspaces

4 Likes

The tool has been updated and can now process board-style projects as well. Works perfectly!

9 Likes

That is AWESOME news! Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Thank you, Caisha!

https://asana.kothar.net/ worked perfectly. Thanks!

3 Likes

I wish I could give you 100 likes! This totally saved me!

2 Likes

You’re totally welcome, glad to have helped - but it’s mostly kothar being awesome!

1 Like

So phenomenally good! I could almost cry - this saved me so much time. The boards worked too even though earlier in the discussion it was mentioned that they didn’t come over for someone. Muchos gracias :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is good confirmation that the boards work! Perhaps he updated it on the sly =)

Fantastic - Worked perfectly. Thanks a ton!

Caisha,

Do you know if I’m supposed to see a completion or confirmation note in the ‘progress’ section? I copied a project from my ‘Personal Projects’ workspace into another workspace and the progress area of the tool keeps showing ‘waiting for status’ after copying the project.

Although the asana.kothar.net copied all the project and tasks, as seen in the ‘My Asana App’, this tool keeps showing the ‘waiting for status’ in the ‘progress’ area above the list of things copied and the ‘Please be patient’.

Thank you for sharing this tool. It is a time saver.

Daniel

Caisha,

Do you know if I’m supposed to see a completion or confirmation note in the ‘progress’ section? I copied a project from my ‘Personal Projects’ workspace into another workspace and the progress area of the tool keeps showing ‘waiting for status’ after copying the project.

Although the asana.kothar.net copied all the project and tasks, as seen in the ‘My Asana App’, this tool keeps showing the ‘waiting for status’ in the ‘progress’ area above the list of things copied and the ‘Please be patient’.

Thank you for sharing this tool. It is a time saver.

Daniel

If you use Zapier, you can tag the task and then the zap can pick it up and move it to the different workspace.

1 Like

Hey Daniel, it has been a long time since I’ve used the tool personally, but I believe you should get a confirmation message. However, it is an older tool so while it still works, perhaps some of the little functionality is a little off. Also might be an issue as personal workspaces are different than organizations.

The source code and issues tracker is here, but again hasn’t been updated/worked on for awhile - though there is the resolved issue of confirmation messages (but 3 years ago).

While a message would be good, I think it’s still working as intended aside from that!

I want to copy a project that I started in a personal project to another workspace or another company Is that possible?