I have built a web app using the Asana API. the Meetup API and Firebase (database).
Initially it was an internal tool for our company, but I’m planning to improve it more, make it more customizable and I’m also planning to write a blog post explaining how I built it and what I learned along the way.
I believe it’s a good tool that can help people save a bunch of time.
So what does it do ?
1- I used React to build the web app.
2- I used both the Asana API and the Meetup API and everything is connected to Firebase ( database)
3- It’s a tool that let’s you search Soccer Meetup groups in a given city with a radius between 1 and 100 miles
a- once you enter the desired city, you get a table with all the Meetup groups with their Member count, city name, and a button “Send To Asana”
b- If you tap on the button “Send To Asana” :
- The app gathers all the Infos of the desired Meetup group (using the Meetup API)
- A task is created in Asana
- The title of the task is the name of the Meetup group
- The task is populated with custom filled ( Data gathered from Meetup is used to fill up all the custom fields)
- custom fields are populated with ( member count, When is the next event of the meet up group, the clickable group URL, state, country, Latitude/longitude, when was the group created
- The description of the task is filled with the meet up group description, the organizer name …etc
4- when you tap on the button “Send to Asana”, all the group info are also stored in Firebase ( Database) and all the upcoming events are also stored
5- the “Send to Asana” Button, changes and becomes “Update in Asana” , so that you know that you already sent this group to asana
6- If you tap on “Update is Asana”, All the info that changed on the group gets instantly updated in both Asana and the Database
This tool helped us gain a lot of time at our company, because imagine all the time that it would take to create all this task manually
Let me know if you have any questions and I will keep you posted as soon as I update the web app