I’ve been experimenting with the new timeline and wanted to share something I’ve been trying in case people find it interesting:
- I have tasks represent projects. e.g. “Update PPT” in a category project e.g. “Products”.
- I break down this task into smaller tasks within the main project (not subtasks).
- I add these tasks to my Kanban board to show the current number of projects in progress.
- I build a timeline and the main “project” task shows as green as it inherits this colour from the Kanban board. This way, I can see the duration of the “project” as a whole" within my “products” project.
- The main reason for doing this is to see how “projects” (tasks) in “Products” flow from one to the next and I can see all the actual tasks underneath.