Limit Notifications in Slack when Project Linked

I would love to have Projects linked to my Slack Channel, such as my IT Support Tickets Project, but I want to customize which Asana Notifications are pushed to Slack. In the IT Support Tickets Project example, I would only want New Tasks to push to the Slack Channel, so that anyone in the Slack channel can take on the Task. But the rest of the updates become such a nuisance I have to disable the Project Link. Thank you for your consideration!

2 Likes

Agreed! We get so many notifications in our slack channel when all we really need to know is if a new Asana task was added. Thank you for submitting this.

I would also like to update folks in the Slack channel that a task has been completed.

I agree! I always want to link projects to slack channel but the notifications are out of control so I end up unlinking.

I REALLY want the ability to push project status updates to the slack channel (some of our managers don’t use asana but check in on slack) as well as new task and task completed notifications.

Without these changes, the Asana - Slack integration is unusable for my team :woman_shrugging: I’d be really excited to use this integration if it were revamped though!

agreed. my slack feed’s just overloaded with any minor change i make on asana. has there been any advances to address this issue?

Any updates on this? I agree with the previous posters.