Log of edits/ delete/ etc by Project Owner

Is it possible to see a log of changes to my project by other users (including deletion)?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Pedro,

If a project of which you’re a member is deleted, you’ll receive a message via email. As for changes to the project, you’ll see a message in task history when a task is moved to a different section. However, for other details we do not keep an explicit log. Are you having issues with individuals changing your project details?

I am. I had a team member delete tasks, and I would like to produce a record that those tasks were deleted by that team member. Is this possible?

2 Likes

I would agree with this.
I have up to 12 people working in my projects at once who require more than comment only access but are sometimes (accidentally or purposely) making changes that I would not approve. For example deleting tasks, or making changes to tasks and deleting their action logs within the task. As the project owner I desperately need a log available to me to track any changes made in the project.

4 Likes

Yep, I completely agree - there should be either log of changes made + by whom or lock on the text area - If anyone can change assignement text it is no good.
Do you plan to add this improvement?
Thanks,
Iva

2 Likes

I agree that everything should be logged, including if someone changed a group privacy, which is my case. I took me some time to notice that the whole team was being able to see confident information because someone of the team changed the privacy status of a certain group. :pensive:

Yes its crucial to have a historical log (on demand) of when projects and tasks were changed, how changed, and by who. Dropbox does this well for file storage management. Google Docs does it well for Version History. This would be a welcomed basic feature.

1 Like

As company administrator/champion of Asana, would also like to have stronger Email Daily Digest of “all changes” on all projects and tasks. Should be able to filter this by:
A. all activity in the company
B. all activity that i am directly affiliated with

The current Daily Digest currently only takes a subset of B (above) best I can tell. Sadly it creates blindspots.

1 Like

This is an important missing feature. In order to drive both utilization of Asana and good use, it is necessary for an company-wide view on edits. A simple log of activity account-wide with some basic filtering would do the trick.

We’re also in the position of having up to a dozen people in one project - many need edit access, and accidents can happen. Having traceability for actions would be a better outcome so you can understand the history of a project.