Low contrast in sidebar hinders usability/accessibility

Gray text on black background in the sidebar makes it difficult to quickly navigate and identify the label/link I am looking for.

Designers may love the subtle low contrast look, but it reduces the legibility of your interface.

As my eyes get older I am more and more sensitive to low contrast issues and in an enterprise environment compliance with ADA/Accessibility standards is important as well.

Please increase the contrast, allow for a high contrast option, or allow personal settings similar to slack.

Thanks,
Mike!

asana-contrast|622x500

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Mike_Hoefer; I completely understand where you’re coming from and really hope this is something we can improve in the future!

1 Like

Hello,
I am having difficulty reading the low contrast theme. I must resort to copying the text and pasting to Word in order to read it.
High Contrast option would be beneficial.
Thanks,
John

2 Likes

Low contrast is also an issue in many other places on the site. Specifically grey text on the bluish grey backgrounds (Board and Timeline views as a couple examples).

Contrast for any text should meet the minimum guidelines as outlined here: Accessible to all

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more!! Timeline causes actual pain! HELP ASANA!

Hi Marie - can I beg for an update on this? I’m ready to fully migrate out of MS-Project but that means full reliance on Timeline view for Gantt. The color scheme is holding me back.

Hi @Michael_Hobbs,

I don’t have an update on this topic at the moment but I’ve gone ahead and made a task internally to highlight this issue. I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!