Making templates available to all teams

Hi Team,

Is it possible to make templates available to all team in Asana without the template actually being part of a specific team?

Regards, David.

Hi David

Templates are really just normal projects that happen to have been assigned as templates, so they have to sit in a specific team.

It’s possible to make templates available to all members of an organisation, but you’d need to have a Premium subscription for the whole organisation, as opposed to individual teams. If you did, you could then create a team titled ‘Templates’, and store them in there.

For now, we keep all of our templates at the bottom of the sidebar, with an empty project titled ‘Templates - DO NOT ALTER’ serving as a header. However, I do agree that template projects should really exist behind the scenes, rather than as visible projects in the sidebar.

Best
Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Blockquote
For now, we keep all of our templates at the bottom of the sidebar, with an empty project titled ‘Templates - DO NOT ALTER’ serving as a header.

This is how we currently have our templates set up as well. However, DO NOT ALTER can sometimes mean “Edit as you see fit” :joy:

It would be nice to have the ability to lock them if not have them hidden.

Regards, David.

1 Like

I feel your pain. I keep private back-up copies of all of our templates just in case someone doesn’t follow the simple, step-by-step instructions I’ve sent round about 5 times!

Read-only would be a great feature.

You might want to vote for this one:

Best
Mark

3 Likes

A copy seems a good idea, and make sure to be a collaborator of the original project so you get notified of any change in it to rollback!

2 Likes