Missing view options for Tasks Completed recently

Awesome work man! This works great.

I really enjoyed being able to see incomplete and completed tasks within the last two weeks in view options in each project and My Tasks. It lets myself and others see things that were recently completed so they can gather files easily, etc. Not sure why this option was ever removed.

I would like a view for uncompleted tasks + recently completed tasks (today, last 3 days, or so).

A lot of productivity experts advise against using todo-list because it can be unrewarding when completed tasks just disappear, making it appear like your hard work takes you nowhere.

Seeing what you’ve accomplished recently might help alleviate this a little bit.

Using the advanced search you can do both, but not at the same time I think. @Julien_RENAUD any idea?

1 Like

In your My Tasks page, you can select to see:

• Incomplete Tasks
  • Completed Tasks
  • All Tasks

If you choose “Completed Tasks”, you can sort them by “Completion Date”, thus you can easily see what you achieved in the last days.

But for the moment I don’t have idea to see both incomplete and last 3 days completed at the same time…
Do you work in a team? Because if NO then you could use a tag “Completed” for a few days, and then complete the tasks later, but that doesn’t work if you need to collaborate so it’s not ideal at all…

3 Likes

Thanks!
It’s not so much that I want to look up completed tasks even though that can be handy to. It’s more that I really should be reminded and get a feeling of my achievement.

If it requires extra work I’m sure I’d forget how important that can be for motivation and take the shortcut of just checking stuff of and be done with them.

Just making sure this thread doesn’t die… please bring back the ‘within 1/2/3 weeks’ functionality.

3 Likes

I as well would find this functionality enormously useful. It seems like it would be a pretty commonly used view for sprint planning.

Please give us some way to return to the original functionality. Even if it is some advanced setting - like a box in our workspace or profile settings that we can check to enable “advanced features”.

This is what Google does for new beta features in their products and it keeps the power users happy while keeping things simple for everyone else.

3 Likes

@Asana if you suggest to hack tasks completed recently via your Advanced search, can you then make it possible to save setup of that search? Cause otherwise usability for now is poor if one needs to do it every time he/she logins/refreshes your app.

Also can you answer that happened with this Tasks Completed functionality? If you removed it from your feature-set, can you at least share the reasoning for all of us to move on :slight_smile:

-g

I just published a Chrome extension which brings back this functionality.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

7 Likes

Please bring back the feature. I was so frustrated when I was trying to go through completed tasks for my team and just couldn’t see what was done like the old feature showed. The suggested hacks are complicated and don’t work the same.

@Vaughan_Rouesnel I’ll try your extension. Thanks!

2 Likes

Please, bring back this feature

@Vaughan_Rouesnel really helpfull, but i’m a firefox user…

1 Like

Hi @Vaughan_Rouesnel, thanks for taking the initiative to make that Chrome extension! Unfortunately, while it does add back the UI, it doesn’t actually work. Nothing changes when I choose an option in the dropdown.

It also looks like the link to your GitHub page is broken, so I can’t inspect the source or submit a fix.

Edit: My apologies, the extension works! I just had to choose All Tasks first, which wasn’t obvious to me. After choosing All Tasks, the Recently Completed (today, yesterday, last week, etc.) all work instantly! Fantastic job :slight_smile:

I’ve rated it 5 stars on the Chrome extension store.

3 Likes

Thanks Vaughan! Going to try it out.

To Asana, if this isn’t a sign that we really want this, not sure what would convince you.

1 Like

Vaughan, that’s very good of you to share. Alas, I can’t personally use it due to our company’s security policy (of my own making!) not to install Chrome extensions. :frowning:

@Lawrence_Han @Alexis Just to echo @BrendanPS’s comments: Might the fact that users are reverse-engineering your application give you a moment’s pause to reconsider your viewpoint on this issue. At the very least respond? If I weren’t so busy running a business, I’d considering hopping on BART and stalking you both at Asana HQ. :wink:

1 Like

You can try porting it yourself - quite easy with the new FF:

Vaughan, Thank You!

1 Like

This is one of the most obtuse product management and support mistakes I’ve ever witnessed. People have resorted to making Chrome extensions to fix this blunder and the support person just breezes through this like it’s no big deal. At some point this lack of empathy will catch up to you people working over there at “Asana” (irony ensues).

1 Like