Moving and Organizing conversations

It would be great if you could move Team Conversations to a project, or from one project to another project. This would be great for organization.

I know you can link to conversations and such, but it’s a lot easier to track and locate once you have everything in the same place. Some conversations start in Team Conversations and either should have started within a project or end up having information that pertains to a specific project. I would like to move those conversations into their respective projects for easy organization for my team.

Unfortunately my team isn’t exactly as tech savvy or very interested in learning the software so a feature like this would make it very easy to find information they’re looking for. In turn, hopefully help them realize the value of organizational software like Asana.

Agree, being able to move conversations would be very useful.

In addition, it would be extremely helpful to be able to move conversations started in tasks out to the main project conversations area.

The reason for this is that sometimes conversations in a task sometimes become hard to find, and it’d be good to be able to pull them up/out, or have a way to give them more visibility.

2 Likes

Yes! The number of times I’ve spent 30+ minutes looking for a conversation because another team member created it under a task instead of under the main project. sigh In the absence of a feature where task-base conversations are more visible within the project, I’d love to be able to shut down the ability for my team members to comment on tasks.

1 Like

Also would be nice if we could Duplicate a conversation into another team.

1 Like

This is huge. You can already move a conversation from one team to another team. We just started using Asana with my team (I’m a more seasoned user), and we have multiple sub-teams and projects. We recently decided to go with a different organizational strategy, and needed to move projects between teams. We could transfer the team conversation to the new team “hosting” that project, but we are consolidating several little projects into a larger project, and we’d love to move all the conversations in each little project into the new consolidated one. Also, we had a team solely with one project (it was a big project), but the project is under a different [more general] team, and so the conversation should really be in the project itself, not the team.

Anyway, since people, tasks, and projects can be moved across teams and projects, it only makes sense to me to let conversations follow suit and move to where the context of that work is being performed.

1 Like

This seems so basic. I would like to split a project into two projects – but I can’t, because there is a long-standing conversation that can’t be moved to the new project. Duplicating the project doesn’t even work, as the conversation is not duplicated!

1 Like

This would be so valuable for many of the reasons already stated: allow to split projects and teams when they grow too big; move conversations that more junior team members mistakenly post in the wrong place…

We can already move tasks to other projects, and projects to other teams – as a user, I kind of expect conversations could move too. It seems inconsistent UX that they can’t.

1 Like

This would be so useful. I have clients who aren’t very asana savvy who are consistently starting conversations from inside their inbox. This means those convos aren’t included in their project messages. It’d be so helpful to be able to tag those conversations to show up in their projects, instead of only being able to find them in my inbox.

I have the exact same situation. Sometimes conversations get split between a thread under the correct project or task and the original private message, so I’ll end up hunting between the two for key bits of info. A link seems like an okay workaround, but isn’t ideal. It’s not every client, but some.