Moving Projects Between Workspaces/Organizations

Thank you, Caisha!

https://asana.kothar.net/ worked perfectly. Thanks!

3 Likes

I wish I could give you 100 likes! This totally saved me!

2 Likes

You’re totally welcome, glad to have helped - but it’s mostly kothar being awesome!

1 Like

So phenomenally good! I could almost cry - this saved me so much time. The boards worked too even though earlier in the discussion it was mentioned that they didn’t come over for someone. Muchos gracias :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is good confirmation that the boards work! Perhaps he updated it on the sly =)

Fantastic - Worked perfectly. Thanks a ton!

Caisha,

Do you know if I’m supposed to see a completion or confirmation note in the ‘progress’ section? I copied a project from my ‘Personal Projects’ workspace into another workspace and the progress area of the tool keeps showing ‘waiting for status’ after copying the project.

Although the asana.kothar.net copied all the project and tasks, as seen in the ‘My Asana App’, this tool keeps showing the ‘waiting for status’ in the ‘progress’ area above the list of things copied and the ‘Please be patient’.

Thank you for sharing this tool. It is a time saver.

Daniel

Caisha,

Do you know if I’m supposed to see a completion or confirmation note in the ‘progress’ section? I copied a project from my ‘Personal Projects’ workspace into another workspace and the progress area of the tool keeps showing ‘waiting for status’ after copying the project.

Although the asana.kothar.net copied all the project and tasks, as seen in the ‘My Asana App’, this tool keeps showing the ‘waiting for status’ in the ‘progress’ area above the list of things copied and the ‘Please be patient’.

Thank you for sharing this tool. It is a time saver.

Daniel

If you use Zapier, you can tag the task and then the zap can pick it up and move it to the different workspace.

1 Like

Hey Daniel, it has been a long time since I’ve used the tool personally, but I believe you should get a confirmation message. However, it is an older tool so while it still works, perhaps some of the little functionality is a little off. Also might be an issue as personal workspaces are different than organizations.

The source code and issues tracker is here, but again hasn’t been updated/worked on for awhile - though there is the resolved issue of confirmation messages (but 3 years ago).

While a message would be good, I think it’s still working as intended aside from that!

I want to copy a project that I started in a personal project to another workspace or another company Is that possible?

Hi @Lukas_Behnken

Kothar is a great tool, created by a third party, that allows you to copy information across Organizations and Workspaces that you have access to.

It’s important to keep in mind that Kothar can only copy over your Projects so it will not be dynamic in the sense that a change made in one space will be reflected in the second space.

Feel free to click the following link and let us know how it worked for your use case!

Hope you’re having a great week!

This is why I love forums! Helped me with exact same question year+ later

1 Like

Help! I need to move projects and tasks from a workspace into an organization.

Here’s the backstory:

I work in a small team of 3 consultants.

In the beginning, we did not have organization email addresses, so I created a workspace with our personal email addresses and started adding projects and tasks - lots of them!

Now, though, we do have organization email addresses, so I went through the steps of converting the workspace to an organization. Come to find out, the original team member had set up an Asana workspace with his organization email in the past.

So the conversion wasn’t really helpful because I cannot find a way to get our projects and tasks over to the existing organization.

No worries @Nicole_Walden! You can easily do so following these steps: Moving Projects Between Workspaces/Organizations - #33 by Michael_A. I have gone ahead and merged your post with this thread to avoid duplicates, hope that’s ok! :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’ve been using Asana with my team since 2 years now. We have recently started using it in the whole company and I would like to move my workspace projects to the my new-team in the Organization.

How can I do that?

Kind regards

Hi @Mattia_citti_Citteri and welcome to the Community Forum! You can use you Kothar to move your projects from your Workspace to the Organization. You can learn more in this handy article: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide.

Didn’t work for me :frowning:

The tool exited on the first task (task group) with the error:

{
“errors”: [
{
“message”: “resource_type: Cannot write this property”,
“help”: “For more information on API status codes and how to handle them, read the docs on errors: Build an app with Asana
}
]
}

1 Like

Hi @Balagur and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3: Seems that Kothar is having difficulties at the moment, some people have reported the same issue in the comments on their homepage (you need to sort comments by Newest). I’ll keep an eye on the situation and will keep you posted as soon as it is resolved!