Moving the Add to Project button is a terrible UX/UI decision!

projects
tasks

I logged in to my Asana today to process my New Tasks, which consists of a simple workflow:

• Updating task text to make sure it’s a clear action
  • Setting a due date as needed
  • Adding the task to one or more projects
  • Adding any tags to the tasks
  • Moving to Today, Upcoming, or Later

I am SO disappointed that the “Add to Project” button is now below the task description instead of above it. This was bad UI on iOS and, instead of updating the iOS app to match the web version, the opposite happened.

For those of us who forward emails to create Asana tasks, this is awful. I now have to scroll down past a very long description containing the entire email thread simply to add a task to a project. Since there’s no keyboard shortcut to add a Task to a Project, I have to do this over and over again.

There was great clarity in having the task information of Assignee, Due Date, Projects, Tags, and Custom Fields all accessible above the description.

Please bring back this simple UI and apply it to all platforms.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unhelpful UI change - Project tabs/buttons in tasks pushed down

A post was merged into an existing topic: Unhelpful UI change - Project tabs/buttons in tasks pushed down