Multi-select in Boards

Is there an update on the status of this feature?

2 Likes

Would love this too - been patiently waiting!!!

1 Like

vote +1 for feature

1 Like

This is an incredibly important feature when using templates for projects under Asanaā€™s current configuration limitations

So, it is quite frustrating to come to these boards and find the community is clamoring for help and updates; but then receives none. Sad.

As it stands, we are scrambling to figure ways to work around limitations on basic elements in Asana. For example, we are trying to create pools of tasks (notes, sub-tasks, custom fields, etc) for templates to assign out on projects based on phases or milestones - because there is no clean way to import tasks due to limitations with CSV import (no sub-tasks, and limited fields) and the inability (still) to add a template to an existing project. So, we can easily have multiple tasks that need to be added at once to the queue when a milestone, phase, etc occurs. The inability to select multiple tasks at once on boards hampers our productivity, and frankly, makes us continue to explore other options. Some of these features are not difficult to implement, and should already be addressed. So, too, should the ability to switch between lists and boards.

Would someone from Asana please respond and provide an update. Your community deserves it.

1 Like

maybe, an option in advanced search to filter by column (and project). So, we can find all task, and mark them as completed

1 Like

When will it be done?

Hi all! Iā€™m delighted to announce that you can now multi-select cards in your Board projects to move multiple tasks across columns in one go. Simply hold your ā€œCmd/Ctrlā€ key and click on cards to select them.

As it stands, multi-selecting doesnā€™t allow you to take other actions (such as deleting tasks or updating due dates), but weā€™re getting closer! Thanks for your patience and for supporting this feature request!

Happy Monday!

6 Likes

I see than in Board view some useful functionalities of Asana are not working.
Another one is the MultiSelect of Tasks. You can try the shortcuts and experience how it does not work. ItĀ“s very frustrating when you are only interested in KanBan/Board view.

Hi @JoseJuan! Merging your post with Multi-select in Boards - #28 as they are both very similar. Note that you can now multiselect cards in your Board projects; more details in the post itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see we can multi-select. Beyond dragging things around what functionality is available? Can we tag? Adjust dates (See that mentioned as coming)? Etc.? Anything?! This is really needed. Help

@Mike_Myers I havenā€™t found anything beyond what theyā€™ve stated of moving tasks.

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Is there any progress on additional functionality on selected board cards like tagging, deleting, etc.?

1 Like

Any update on this feature? Iā€™d love to be able to tag my board tasks in bulk. Itā€™s a bit of a time waster currently.

2 Likes

Hi @ys_thedood and @Jason_Silver; I donā€™t have any updates at the moment, but will make sure to update this thread as soon as I do!

2 Likes

Just found this post!

Iā€™m setting up a project management system at work and being able to delete, add tags, etc to multiple boards in the board project layout would be VERY useful for me.

I hope this gets updated soon!

Iā€™m a visual person and would much prefer to operate in boards over lists.

2 Likes

I like to create one over-arching LIST project where I share all tasks from every individual project (all my projects are boards). In that main list I can not only look at everything as one list but select tasks and alter them as described in this thread.

The best workaround Iā€™ve found is to use the advanced search then fill in the In Projects field with your project name then click the little arrow next to the name of the project and you can choose a board. You can add the same project multiple times with different boards selected.

Once you hit search you will get all of the tasks from those columns in a list view where you can edit in bulk.

3 Likes

Do we have any updates on this feature ? Would help workflow IMMENSELY.

2 Likes

Following up here, since I havenā€™t seen an update from Asana staff in a few months. Any word on when we might be able to bulk edit tasks while viewing a Board project? Is that something that is still in the pipeline?