Multiple select for custom fields

I’m having to create a workaround for a multiple select field with custom fields. The drop downs don’t allow for multi-select, and I’m creating manual text fields where my team members can type in multiples, but that seems inefficient. WOuld it be possible to have multi-select, or be able to tie validated values to a text input field to address?

Also if you can select a custom field or a set of custom fields to be standard across the environment or specific projects from a singular management point.

Would be incredibly helpful!

2 Likes

That is exactly what we are looking for !!

3 Likes

My team needs this as well. We include formatted client codes in our tasks and we often need to select multiple options. We are currently using a text field but that relies on people to enter the codes without making a mistake.

1 Like

Voting for this as well, definitely could be useful especially for our plan to migrate from other task tracking systems which already support multiple select. There are workarounds but they are not very effective and hard to maintain.

Same - This would be incredibly useful. Having a hard time convincing my team to convert to Asana because other systems allow this.

Yes, please integrate this feature

We could also use this field for tracking

We reall need this. Trello has this

1 Like

Great feature! Would be a huge lever to use in agile product development.

We really need this. This would be incredibly useful.

1 Like

Multi-select custom fields are coming! (Along with date and boolean custom field types.) Asana has pre-announced them to 3rd party developers:

5 Likes

When is this coming? We are evaluating Asana for our business and this is critical to enable our use of the portfolio functionality.

I’m afraid the latest news is that it’s been delayed a bit - see this post:

Hey Phil,

Our team would also like to use multiple select fields for projects.

Wanted to comment to say this is a very hot feature we would love to use.

Would love this!

Couldn’t agree more, just wanted to add my voice to this request as this would be incredibly useful

Any update on this? Would be very helpful to our team as a feature!

May I ask is there a specific reason that the custom field is needed and that you can’t use tags for the same purpose? We use a task to describe the project in general and use custom tags for that project within that space. It also serves as a repository for documentation for the project. Just a thought.

Katie

A tag is a classification concept, not a set of inputs to a task. For example a trouble ticket with a list of software to be installed. The software could be the list of applications available and multiple could be selected. Also, using tags you would need a tag structure to account for multiple multi-select fields within an item: software and printers for example.

1 Like

Honestly, how is this still not a thing more than 2 years since the OP? Multi-select of custom variables seems pretty basic, and was, for instance, already available in Airtable and Monday, your competitors’ products, back in 2017!

3 Likes