Notification Levels and Settings

notifications

Hello All,

I have a scenario wherein I want to manage the notifications to slack. So I want only ‘Task Creation’ notification to be popped up in the respective slack channel and nothing else. Basically when I change the owner or complete the task I dont want it to be notified in the slack channel. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Hi @atul.anvekar

At the moment you are unable to customize the types of notifications that come in from Asana. You either receive the following notifications of activity in your Asana or you don’t.

Since this was asked in a previous, I’m going to merge this with an existing thread with lots of good tips (check them out above :point_up:) on how to minimize your inbox noise, though ultimately, you are unable to customize which notifications you receive the way you’d like. Hope their tips help int he mean time!

Hi @Michael_A, Thanks for your quick response. I will go through the thread and look for things that I can use.

Thanks,
Atul

I agree there needs to be more granularity in managing Asana notifications generally.

For a start, being able to NOT get them on the weekends would be wonderful - or not when you are on vacation…

Agree! Please make notification settings more customizable. This would really help my team.

I second the requests for more customization. I would like to get notifications when someone “calls me out” versus the too broad choices currently.

I also would like to request that you can turn off inbox notifications for your own completed objects. If I complete a task, I don’t also need to know about it in my inbox. This feature actually renders my inbox unusable.