Overdue tasks not showing up in Today's tasks

I get an email each day with upcoming tasks and overdue tasks.

However, in my inbox, I don’t see overdue tasks.

In the screenshot below, you can see one task on right that is overdue, but not appearing in inbox (I own that project and own that task).

Any idea how to remedy this?

Hi @david_lapedis! Let’s see if we can work that out together: do you see “follow up with jamie kelli-bigger roll out” in the “New Tasks” section (just above “Today”)?

Hi @Marie, thanks for responding-looking forward to figuring it out.

No, I don’t see it listed there. It only shows up if I search for it.

Have you also checked “Upcoming” and “Later”, nothing there either?

Also, is this happening with other tasks?

And one last thing, does your screenshot above includes the entire task “story”?

This task shows up under later.

However, other tasks do not.

This task shows up if in the project but not in any of the lists:

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by “story”
Is this it?

Marie, I also found another one that is not appearing in my tasks, future or upcoming tasks.

This is frustrating b/c I want to be able to trust asana to remind me.

What do you think is going on?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Moving tasks from “Today” to “Upcoming” or “Later” doesn’t record task story

Hi @david_lapedis! On your last screenshot, the task (“Circle back with Harmony”) isn’t assigned to you which explains why it doesn’t show up in your My Tasks.

Regarding the “Talk to Reilly…” task, it seems you assigned it to you on the 25th, but I suspect it stayed in your “New Tasks” because from what I see in the task history you haven’t moved this task to the “Upcoming” or “Later” sections.

I’d recommend to reach out to our support team (Asana Support - Help Center • Asana > I’m having trouble with > Scroll down and click on “Let’s chat”) with these screenshots + the URL of the tasks affected; our team might be able to see more of the task history from their end.

Again, so sorry for the trouble David! Keep us posted! :slight_smile:

Hi Marie,

This is actually really helpful. I can see more tasks are in new tasks and I’ll start sorting through things there regularly.

The ‘Talk to Reilly’ task shows up in new tasks. (overdue one) Thanks for the pointer about Harmony.

If a task is moved to upcoming and then becomes overdue. Will it show up in today’s tasks or just stay in upcoming?

Appreciate your help.

-David

Apologies for the late reply @david_lapedis. Yes, if you sort your task from the “New Tasks” Section to “Later” or “Upcoming”, your task will automatically be moved to the “Today” section when it is due: How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide