Paste screenshots / images directly instead of links

I found a workaround for the moment - I use an app called Better Touch Tools (BTT), wonderful btw, and it has an edit screenshot option that allows you to upload it to a site, copying automatically the link to the clipboard.

So, when you paste the link to the comment section, besides the link, a thumbnail appears with the screenshot. Not so fast as before, but second best.

hope this helps

1 Like

I think the extension isnā€™t working anymore - is there a workaround?

I just switched from Chrome to Firefox and canā€™t find an add-on that allow me to paste image as ā€œAsana Plusā€ allowed me to do on Chrome.

This affect my productivity a lot, I hope Asana will natively integrate this feature soon :slight_smile:

@Marc_Alvarez @Ricardo_Abude @Oren_Dor @Edouard_Simon @Caisha Sorry, just saw this. Yes, the Asana Paste author (@Ben_Crowl) updated the Chrome extension, so itā€™s working again (as long as youā€™ve updated your extension, of course)

1 Like

Hi Joe, thanks again

Any ETA on the Firefox extension or the actual fix on Asana side? This formatting options and image support in Asana are like from 1998.

+1
Is not just a matter of pasting, it is also about better redaction and layout.

It is much more didactic writing:

Lorem ipsum 1:

[image thumbnail 1]

Lorem ipsum 2:

[image thumbnail 2]

Final note.

Than writing (as it is now):

Lorem ipsum 1:
Lorem ipsum 2:
Final note.

[image thumbnail 1]
[image thumbnail 2]

1 Like

I work at a full service agency. We have designers, developers, and more roles in the company. There is a mix of text & visuals & files constantly being shared across team members. Being able to insert visuals in-line with text within the comment will be ace for us. Right now it inserts the visual as an attachment to the text. So if someone comes to the task, they will have try to match up the text in comment with the visual attached - and when the comments start to pile up it will add a lot of time to try to play the match up game.
The commenter will always have to mention the visual file name.

We are shifting from Basecamp to Asana, and the one thing weā€™ll miss from Basecamp (especially with a majority designer team) is the ability to attach the visuals within text in comments. We are rolling out on Monday and Iā€™m sure this will be the biggest ask!

Thank you to Joe_Thomas for the Asana Paste extension - legend! Iā€™ll try to make due with this in the meantime.

Meanwhile, Asana - pretty please, do create this feature! Our team will <3 this forever and it will minimise wanting to switch back to Basecamp or find another solution that bridges the divide between designers and developers better. Thank you thank you!!

An example of the request Iā€™m asking for within comments was mentioned perfectly above me. This is what we used to do in Basecamp.

TASK
Homepage site design

COMMENT ON TASK
Lorem ipsum 1:

[image thumbnail 1]

Lorem ipsum 2:

[image thumbnail 2]

Final note.

Than writing (as it is now):

Lorem ipsum 1:
Lorem ipsum 2:
Final note.

[image thumbnail 1]
[image thumbnail 2]

Is there any update from Asana on whether this feature is going to be supported and when? We use Asana to manage projects with clients and theyā€™re starting to ask why we donā€™t use Slack. The lack of this feature is proving to be a big frustration.

Hi Liam - We appreciate your interest in this topic! We arenā€™t able to provide timelines for feature requests, but if youā€™re interested in learning more, I suggest you take a look here:

Hey @Omar, @briankb, @Caisha, @Edouard_Reinach, @Chris_Mackie, @Christian_Schaer, @kshengelia, @Jason, @Joe_Thomas, @Noel_Howell1, @Peter_Hohnen, @Simonas, @Erin_Booker, @Geoff_Manning, @KC_Bolton, @alfonsomoure, @Joel_Fleischman, @Ricardo_Abude, @Peter4, @Massimo, @Michael_Maier, @James_Carl, @Mark_Hudson, @Rob_Elings, @Nick2, @sarah.moens, @Doug_Holbrook, @Ed_Bleeker, @SamC, @Balint_Pataki, @Charles_Naccio, @Jakub, @Mark_Brogowicz, @Nicolas_Guimier, @Matt_McRae, @Ivan_Luk, @Marc_Alvarez, @Oren_Dor, @Edouard_Simon, @Joe_Thomas, @Michal_Hudecek, @Juan_Diego, @cat, @Liam_Ward, @Clay_Porter

Michael from Asana here!

I wanted to personally reach out & update all members of this thread of a recent update you may be excited to hear of. Our team of developers have integrated your feedback & have since rolled out the ability paste images from your clipboard in your Asana Tasks now!

Thank you again for sharing your feedback on features that are important to you & your workflows. Itā€™s really helped us identify how our work can best serve our members all over the world, in what theyā€™d like to see in their Asana.

10 Likes

Thanks. Now next step is being able to paste likeā€¦

[an image here]

Some text here

[another image here]

Some other text here

5 Likes

Babysteps @Juan_Diego, babysteps! joy:
Happy to pass this info on to our Team in the meantime!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s super awesome! Thanks Michael for sharing, I know lots of us are very excited to see some common features/workarounds being enveloped into Asana prime, so to speak ;D

3 Likes

Amazing, thank you so much :hugs: Even though the alternative only took some extra seconds this is very appreciated.

4 Likes

Yay! Thanks, Michael. Iā€™m very excited to pass this on to my team.

Itā€™s so rare that one feels that a company is actually listening to feedback. Itā€™s one of the things that makes Asana stand out.

4 Likes

Great! Thanks!

Bye bye Chrome addon to paste images into Asana :smiley:.

Iā€™m glad some people are happy with this but itā€™s not what I was hoping for. Iā€™m with @Juan_Diego on this one. Itā€™s inline images and some HTML formatting (like tables, ordered lists etc.) that I need in order for Asana to be a useful tool for e-mail messaging.

1 Like

A great addition! Thanks for making headway on this. Another nice-to-have would be the ability to name the file as it gets pasted instead of just ā€œimage.pngā€ or something.