Task - Percentage completed

Could there be a feature added to show percentage completed for a tasks.
if we had a scroll bar to show how much complete a task is, then you could incorporate that into reports and also the major project you could automatically get a percentage of how the whole project is going at a glance. Alot of other task software such as Jira and droptask to name two have this ability and it allows for greater transparency for managers for reporting. It also helps for those tasks that do not have a date of completion, but you still need to know how it is going.

4 Likes

Hi @Scott_Higgins

While this isn’t currently possible at task level, you should definitely check out this thread:

I’ve been using the extension on a few of my projects and it works really well.

3 Likes

Thanks – yes I have that
But for tasks that have sub tasks, it would be helpful !

cheers

[/uploads/asana/original/2X/d/d1d7cae4804f2a19124b7bc77831f23c453c4234.PNG]

[/uploads/asana/original/2X/d/d179f00b443db38a42a9cd2d7ea18d280c681c20.JPG]http://www.ccam.org.au/campaign/8/sunday-appeal.html

CatholicCare acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters of Victoria, and pays respect to Elders past and present.

CatholicCare actively works to listen to, empower and protect children, and has zero tolerance for child abuse and neglect.

http://www.communitiesincontrol.com.au

This email message is intended only for the addressee and contains information that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email or telephone, and immediately delete this email message and any copies of it. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

I did something simple. I created a custom field called “Progress” and made it a dropdown list. I then added 0%, 10%… 100% as the choices.

5 Likes

It is a simple solution, but one that requires additional manual entry from the project manager. From a PM point of view, Asana already knows that I’ve competed 27 out or 50 tasks or 3 out of 5 milestones and should automatically calculate without having one more field to remember to update.

18 Likes

@Carol_Hanson I 100% agree with you!

2 Likes

raising my hand for this idea as well - it would be very very useful for the projects I’m PMing

1 Like

Agreed! Would be spectacular to see progress meter, percentage, or a #/## task for tasks within a project, tasks within a subtask, etc. This one feature is what’s keeping me from implementing Asana.

5 Likes

Hi Asana Team,

Do we have or plan to have this feature of Asana showing how much percentage of subtasks is completed or how many subtasks out of total are completed?

16 Likes

I agree with all the comments here. It would be great to have this feature on Asana.

1 Like

+1 to have a sub-task completion drive an overall task completion % and having that be able to drive progress to goal.