Please make a Premium Solo Plan

Yeah i understand, if i setup an smal asana organisation, it is an matter of trust that I don’t snif in you workspace. I can imagin that that will be a no go for you.
But if you trust me, feel free to contact me for an private asana organisation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Their system is designed in such a way that it should hardly make a difference if they set up an organization with 1 member or 100. No one is physically interacting with the area to assign X amount of users, the entire process is automated.

I’m not pointing this out to stir a debate, only to demonstrate that the reason they’re making this decision seems to be completely business or bureaucratic.

What I can’t figure out is what their alternative was. They may have had an analyst look at it and say you will make X amount of dollars providing service to teams of 1-4 users, however (I’m not sure what the however is, but it must be worth more).

I would also like to see a 1 user or less than five users options. I’d prefer a fair pricing scale, but I would be willing to pay a small premium for the hardship it will cause Asana.

4 Likes

Hi folks! Thank you so much for your thoughts here. I’ve forwarded your feedback to our product team and they’re aware of your thoughts and concerns. I’m going to need to close the thread at this time, so the team can explore their options. Feel free to send me a direct message at @Alexis if you have any other things you’d like to share. Thanks!

19 Likes

I had to get your attention - forgive me. I actually would like to upgrade my account…but therein lies the problem. You see I’m a consultant working at an MSP. I’ve had multiple clients from different organizations (think different email domains) invite me to what…‘follow’ topics/projects of theirs on Asana. What does that make me on Asana - a guest (loser) user? I want (need - its like a status thing now) to pay $6.25/month for Premium features. But when I click the huge UPGRADE button - I realize Asana has crazy people in charge. I must convince an entire ‘organizations’ to upgrade. Have you ever herded cats? I won’t be able to convince my entire organization to upgrade. But say I did (I didn’t - it’s impossible) that would upgrade my email domain. When I ‘did stuff’ on other organizations’ projects/tasks - would I have my Premium features or would my premium features only appear if THAT organization also had Premium features? Am I a ‘guest user’ on all Asana projects that belong to a different email domain? My head just exploded. I know what needs to be done. I’ll make an ultimatum. Someone from Asana had better take my $6.25/month this very moment and upgrade me to all the cool features in Premium or I’ll…

3 Likes

Your point is well taken. Like you, I am an independent consultant. As an independent consultant, the thought of being forced to purchase five licenses because I need one is insulting.

I do like Asana. It’s feature list is hard to beat. And in fact, I have only two complaints with Asana. But their upgrade criteria is my chief complaint - and has been since Asana started moving non-team features behind this “we don’t care about smaller teams” paywall.

2 Likes

In searching for information on premium features for individuals, I came across several posts (with votes) requesting a pricing option for 1 person teams. Is it possible to merge all of the following posts into one? They are all asking for basically the same thing. This way, all of us hoping for a pricing option for individuals can vote on the same topic and hopefully get a response. Thanks!

9 Likes

Agreed mate - Im still waiting so much on this.
Lets gather the fire power and upvote this one

12 Likes

Please merge these posts and allow us to accumulate fair votes

8 Likes

Would it be an idea to share an premium version of asana so each could use it solo?
Than i can open the account, you pay me the money and i pay Asana?

If possible please let me know.

3 Likes

Please consider creating a Premium tier for single user organizations. I am a single user and would like to be able to use Premium but cannot see paying for 5 people so that I as an individual can get access to the additional functionality. I am effectively “stuck” in the free model and its features because your Premium price structure is prohibitive for individual users, as much as I would like to leverage the additional functionality added in the Premium service.

I am a vocal supporter of your service and still direct others to use the FREE service, but now I have gotten to the point where it would really helpful to be able to access the additional Premium options like Custom fields to further refine my setup and to help radically increase my productivity. I am losing opportunities and productivity having to test other services to see if I can cobble together something similar to the features that you what you already offer in Premium but at a price point that just isn’t feasible for an individual user.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 Likes

I am Product Manager with startup firm , As a typical start up firm, every penny matters for our firm. It is a small firm and I am the sole user of th Asana and would live to have premium single user option.

3 Likes

I am also a one-person team using Asana. Can you please offer single user pricing?? Single users will just use the free version yet so many are offering to give you all money for a premium version - just not the amount you require for a 5-person team. I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why a business would refuse someone’s money and just leave them using the free version?

6 Likes

Also add these:
https://forum.asana.com/t/premium-please-support-single-user-upgrades/5160/7

1 Like

Another single user here. Would love to use some premium features but $30/mth is too expensive. I’ve moved to Todoist (paid)/Trello/Instagantt to manage my work, but would move back to Asana in a heartbeat if I could pay for premium services at a reasonable price.

4 Likes

Learned of the new asana premium features, and finally decided to pay for the premium tier of the service. However like many others here, I only needed 2 licenses and learned I would be charged for 5 (the way the pricing is advertised is extremely misleading by the way).

Unfortunate that I’m stuck in the free tier…but can’t justify paying for 5 licenses when I only need one. What’s the point of this? Are individual freelancers really signing up for 5 licenses when they need 1? Or are you intentionally discouraging this group from becoming customers? Very confusing. Would be willing to pay for a single license as soon as this becomes an option.

6 Likes

I am also considering Asana as an individual freelancer, but would like the premium features.

4 Likes

Hello Asana. It’s very helpfull thing for many of us. Why you can’t do it? It’s very strange ):

3 Likes

As a new (free) user to Asana it would be great to hear directly from Asana why they have not implemented a sub 5 user (preferably single user) premium account plan. I find it mind boggling that they want to force me to stay using their services for FREE when they could be collecting something from me.

For me, I do mostly consulting work and I have no need for any more than 1 license and I won’t pay the “asking” price for the min 5 user account. Though I have loved the system and is a great fit for my needs, after reading the requests (plee’s even) for a lower price point from our market segment I won’t subscribe until one is offered - if anything out of principle at this point.

Please Asana, give me (us) more then “we are looking into it”, it’s been years since this has been requested - you are losing revenue (and market share).

8 Likes

I have to agree with this. I am a “Solopreneur”, and would love the Premium features. But I am not paying for 5 licences when I only need one.

Asana is currently advertised as £5 per month per user for 5 users. That £25 per month is far too much for me. But I would likely pay £5 per month for one user if this was an option. I can’t say I would pay more than that, honestly (especially not without being able to see all your tasks from all workspaces in one place). But surely that £5 per month is better than nothing for Asana as a business?

4 Likes

I’ve already commented on another thread. But I’m just gonna leave this here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/on-numbers/scott-thomas/2012/09/22-million-us-businesses.html

22 million one person businesses in the US alone (in 2012 might I add)…

7 Likes