Poll-2017 Enhancements You Would Like To See

Major enhancements would be for us:

1. Make Asana as quick as Trello. (We really like the improvements made!)
  2. Add to Asana Boards some more USPs over Trello (like showing the Details Pane - sth Flow is doing btw - , also enabling the keyboard shortcuts, etc)
  3. Big wish - add OKR capability: Therefore, we would like to
    see how subtasks are doing when looking at the main task (e.g. show a completion percentage like 67% or 2/3) PLUS
    be able to add projects as subtasks to other tasks (which would result in the cascading effect).

Thanks for considering!

5 Likes

Actually, I donā€™t see a pencil in the comments section. You can edit it if you click ā€œundo,ā€ but "undo is only there for a few seconds. I, too, have wished we could edit comments. Iā€™ve been trying to think why asana doesnt let you edit. Hereā€™s what Iā€™m guessing. Asana is trying to replace the mess that email has become. But one good thing about an email thread is that things are ordered according to time sequence. In a way, if you were allowed to edit a comment AFTER people had responded, things might get more confusingā€¦

An an option to default new tasks in ā€œMy Tasksā€ section to Public

Why: We work as a team and we need to share with other members everything that weā€™re working on, even tasks that we add in the my tasks section. They default to Private, adding another step, leading to us forgetting to make them public, leading to confusion internally.

2 Likes

Hi Courtney, our company Onboardify uses Asana premium for all customer service, and we donā€™t need to invite a single client into our Asana projects. Firstly, these are customers, and we donā€™t want to ask customers to change their behavior to work with us.

So we built Dossier, an app to organize all customer conversations, and itā€™s available at Sign up for Dossier by Onboardify ā€“ itā€™s also free for teams that donā€™t send/receive a large volume of email. Itā€™s a silent connector to Asana, and sends very nicely translates emails from/to clients to Asana tasks. You can even reply in Asana to an email. And the clients see nothing but emails that come from your Gmail or Outlook 365 email account.

When you sign up - pick option #3 ā€“ sending emails to Asana. Then pick your clients, and then watch all emails automatically go into Asana, including replies from and to clients.

Hi Yusuf,

Isnā€™t this why partners like Onboardify exist? Especially those that donā€™t like to accept payments? :slight_smile:

Seriously though, Iā€™ve been an Asana user for 6+ years. Their mission is to move towards a brave new world, and email is culturally considered by the Asana founders as ā€œwhere the puck was, not where it is going.ā€

Itā€™s sort of like Excel supporting CSV export, if you want to take your data and move it to some other app. Now, Excel could spend a lot of time on eliminating CSVs, making integrations seamless. But then, they would be contributing to the extension of the legacy products.

And email is a legacy product ā€“ so only partners like us really care a lot about it, to make it work with Asana (and HubSpot, Salesforce, Zendesk, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). Weā€™ll take care of you.

Thank you Vik, since I got Onboardify, these problems have disappeared. I can definitely recommend your product for any Asana user who want more seamless communications with customers through Asana.

I also appreciate the development efforts you are putting into improving the communication features all the time, and looking forward to the new features.

1 Like

Thank you Yusuf, some of those improvements are thanks to you for your vision and feedback. You will probably have some more suggestions on using Asana to send/response to email ā€“ please do put them as a response to Asana as Your Email App. Move over, Gmail.

1 Like

Taking the liberty to close this topic so we can start putting separate requests in separate threads. This allows us to categorize your requests more efficiently so we can send them to the product team. Thanks for understanding!