Power BI Desktop and Asana

Hello there!, How do I connect my power bi desktop app to my asana account for advance reporting?

Thank you.

Hi @PedroPablo_Leon

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s possible to connect the desktop app directly to Asana. I couldn’t even connect mine to the dashboard Google Sheets report. However, there is an Asana app for Power BI online. Unfortunately, it doesn’t include custom fields, but you can report on tasks, due dates, assignees, etc. It’s worth checking out if you haven’t already tried it.

HI @PedroPablo_Leon

This is the link you need:

One of my clients connected Power BI with Asana. So if you have specific questions I can forward them. He is not active in the Asana Community yet, but a great reason to join if the two of you can excahnge about Asana Power BI hacks :slight_smile:

Always great to meet people mastering the same challenges

Hey @Sebastian_Paasch

I would also love to link the Power BI desktop app directly to Asana, if your client knows a way to do it. The integration is very good, but without custom fields I can’t report on most of the milestones my manager wants. At the moment, I have to export everything from Asana, then use the CSV to create a Power BI report. It would be so much easier to have a direct link.

Thanks