Prevent Users from Deleting Tasks

Is it possible to prevent users from deleting tasks other than perhaps those that they create on their own?

We have concerns that this could occur (whether maliciously or not) - so trying to find a way to limit a user’s ability to delete data in the system, especially as I work to move more of the management and executive team into Asana.

Hi @Ben_Brenner! If you’re using the the Premium version of Asana, I would recommend looking into users permissions:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

It seems like my only option, even with our Premium account, is for a full user or a comment-only user which it seems like can be company-wide or adjusted at the individual project level.

I want my users to have full access when it comes to creating, editing, assigning tasks - I just don’t want them to delete (accidentally or maliciously) any tasks that they didn’t create themselves.

Is something like this possible?

I completely understand your point @Ben_Brenner; but remember that all deleted tasks are available from the Deleted Items section within your left sidebar; from there you can undelete any task that was deleted by mistake: https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/actions#gl-undelete-task

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with; have a great Friday!

So can a user only permanently delete tasks that they created?

Hi @Ben_Brenner If you’d like to learn more about users permissions and what “comment only” members can do, I would advise you to have a look at this post I wrote a while ago: Files deleted by a limited access member

Marie, I share @Ben_Brenner’s concern. The option you are suggesting only allows us to view the tasks that we have deleted. The point is that even amongst a community of full access user’s one [admin?] would like to have access to any deleted task from anyone in the organization.