Price increase?

I’m a little confused by this discussion. I have 8 users in a premium team, which used to cost $50/mo for 10 users with 2 months free if billed anually, for an equivalent price of $5.21/mo for my 8 users.

According to Asana Pricing | Free, Premium, Business, & Enterprise plans • Asana if I were a new customer I would pay $9.99/mo per user if billed annually (I’ve seen elsewhere that it’s $11.99/mo billed monthly, but I can’t find where Asana says that.). So that would be $9.99/mo for my 8 users, compared to the $5.21/mo rate I got before.

The pricing page doesn’t say anything about tiers, but Sales FAQ - Questions about Paid Versions of Asana • Asana Product Guide does. Is that old information or current? If it’s current, that means I’d have to pay $99.90/mo for 10 users, or $12.49/mo for my 8 users compared to $5.21/mo at the old price.

So are there still tiers or not? Is that the reference to $60/mo for individual users ($11.99/mo billed monthly, times a minimum of 5 users)? If there are tiers, how can the pricing page not mention that, and why would the new model be considered simpler or more predictable? I don’t like tiers because I feel like I’m paying for users I don’t have; if the price were just higher per user I wouldn’t feel this way.

All this said, I don’t think any of these prices is a bad deal for the value if there are many users, but the lack of transparency is disconcerting given how much trust organizations have to give Asana to put all their secrets in the cloud in the first place. (For one user it’s not a good deal if there are tiers, although I’d imagine Asana has minimum support costs to deal with.)

Whatever the price increase actually is, it comes at a really unfortunate time for my organization of 2,500 potential users. I’ve been all-in with my team of 8 users for the last four months, and was just about to push for rolling out Asana to the rest of the organization. Now the price has doubled (or more maybe, that’s unclear), so I’ll have to reconsider the budget.

P.S. This all points out a little functionality issue, too: apparently you can’t access your upgrade page with the mobile site or app. This means busy people considering options from their phones can’t figure out what Asana will actually cost.

3 Likes

:unamused: I’m really disappointed to learn about price hike and 5-seat minimum for premium. I compared a whole bunch of project management software and finally settled on Asana as the best option.

I wish I could get the premium subscription–it’s definitely worth paying for!–but as a sole proprietor I simply can’t afford the new premium price x 5.

Asana I want to give you money!!! Why are you making it harder to do that?!? Please for the love of kanban, give the people a straight solo & per-seat option!!

21 Likes

I am also disapointed that you raised the prices so much. with normal price raise you talk about few% now you raised it so much many people considering changeing project management tool…
Da pulse is in same price range now, also interesting!

Hope you consider honoring pricing for growing existing company’s.
I pitched Asana for my company, but with this price increase i can not trust you is my feeling.

3 Likes

Also schocking that the more users you add the price gets more expensive.
Normal when you add more users the price per user should be cheaper not more expensive.

Big schock this price an loosing my trust in Asana, shame i also recomeded it in my network so much, i will send out post on linkedin to my network that the price hick and the more users you add the more expensive per user it gets :0 is a serious issue!

3 Likes

Hey all, Asana has reinstituted small business pricing for teams of 15 and under. I think that’s pretty awesome that Asana listened to their users on this board and elsewhere and quickly adjusted.

Great news! :+1:

7 Likes

Awesome! Details at Asana Pricing | Free, Premium, Business, & Enterprise plans • Asana .

1 Like

I still have to pay for five users to get Premium features. I don’t care about Customer success webinars
or Priority support, I just want the product for a single user!

12 Likes

Extremely disappointed in this turn of events.
Flow is looking attractive for a 2 user team, because there is a sliding scale to easily calculate what it will actually cost…
This is nowhere as transparent as Asana who advertise a price per seat, yet only imply in the FAQ that the Teams are tiered to 5 users minimum.
How can that be beneficial for their customers?

When they realize that 1000 clients not availing of their pro service (because they are a team or 1-2 or 3) loses them $300K revenue a year, they might come to their senses!

Currently Asana has 20’000 paying customers.
If they gain 10% more customers by attracting single/double Teams to the Pro subscription (2000 x accounts @300usd/year), that’s a whopping $600’000 extra turnover!!! (say half a million if some of the smaller teams get charged less than the current 5tier)

Happy customers who don’t have to pay for empty seats = More recommendations = Growing business for everyone = More Revenue for Asana.

Unfair pricing structure and sudden price hikes= Loss in revenue = Negative feedback
Just look at the Wipster debacle earlier this year with a crazy 1000% price hike, where they suffered a huge loss in reputation. Guess what, competitor Frame.io launched a better & cheaper serviced simultaneously and gained a LOT of clients overnight from Wipster getting ready and now it’s too late for them to backpedal.

Asana is a good service, but it’s not perfect, so unless the price is right, we will just use the free option or cheaper alternatives, just like most SMEs with less than 5 collaborators.

My 2cents…
Asana’s loss… until they see the light, and possibly our $$$…

8 Likes

I also, as a solo-entrepreneur, would like to be able to pay for just one seat. I am a long asana user and I like it, but can’t afford for premium yet.

8 Likes

I’m evaluating Asana right now…
The pricing seems ok for us to go with the annual $375 Premium Pack (3 team members and room for 2 more if we need it…if I understand it correctly) - Actually on the Upgrade page it doesn’t say how many seats you get for that price…which is how I came here
BUT all this talk of large price increases without notification bothers me, because I don’t want to lock into using a system and have to change in a year because of another large price increase.
This will be something worth considering before I make my decision…I’ve seen this all to often with pay-to-use software…they get you using it an hike the price…not nice to small business users…just my 2 cents

3 Likes