Private projects disappeared?

All my private projects seemed to have disappeared. The tasks are still there - just no longer assigned to a project. Any ideas on what happened or how to restore?

I have add the same issue yesterday when someone removed me from the team. I was a member of the project but somehow got kicked out from it as well. Can someone invite you in again?
@Marie maybe that is a bug…

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Hi @gina.marasco, can you open one of these tasks and check the history? If the task was removed from a project, you should see it there!

Hmmm… I’m not sure if that’s the same issue @Bastien_Siebman.

Let’s see if I got this right: you were kicked out of a Team, as a result, you lost access to the projects that belonged to in this specific Team, correct? At that stage were you able to see any tasks belonging to these projects?

Keep me posted :slight_smile:

Thanks, Marie! I spot checked several of the tasks to see if there was anything in the history - there is not. Also noticing this did not happen to every private project - two for sure that I use daily.

On this note, the one private project that is now missing was one that I used to email tasks creating some additional concerns for me as now these messages are not being filtered into my task list.

@Marie when you say it, it does sound ridiculous and expected behavior :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So sorry for the late follow-up @gina.marasco! I would advise you to reach out to our support team (Asana Support - Help Center • Asana) as they will be able to directly take a look at your account. Make sure to provide them with as much information as possible, including the name of these private project and the Team they belong to.

And if you have a minute, keep us posted, I’d love to know what happened there!

Same thing has happened to one of my coworkers. He had a private project that just disappeared. There is no record in email or in tasks that still remain that he had tagged to his private project. Waiting for support to contact us…

So he can see the tasks that used to belong to the project, but they don’t seem attached to any project? When you delete a project, assigned tasks remains, maybe that’s what happened… :man_shrugging:

This just happen to my wife. She was learning Asana and setting it up for FLL team. I decided to try it for the family and added her to my Family work space. She asked to be removed, so I removed her. Then all the work she did for the FLL team was deleted. This was pretty much enough of a time waste that we are considering dumping Asana. These types of bugs where you loose days and days for work suck.

Not sure why you see this as a bug. She was removed from a space so everything in that space that was private to her was lost… She should have moved things to the other organization/workspace… Asana support might be able to reco