Push Notifications at 'Due Time'

one of the biggest issues of Asana is that it is less than a todo app. it does not remind you about the tasks that are due and keep the overdue task out of sight.

this is what Asana is being used for. this is the main value this product should deliver.

1 Like

Adding my name to the list too!! Push notifications at Due Time is essential! So surprised to find out this isn’t currently the case. Tasks should automatically arrange on the day in the order according to due time! Notification to iphone, an desktop, with snooze, forcing you to act. Also it should give you the option to set the alarm or notification to 5 min 10 30 1 hour etc before the time…

3 Likes

Hi there.

Sign me up for this petition. Being able to set up an optional push notification reminder on tasks that have Due Date & Time would be great. Something like “X [time unit] before” (minutes, hours, days).

I think that’d be optional because having a consistent daily workflow (e.g., GTD) wouldn’t make them critical, but anyway very nice to have.

Kind regards,

~Gabriel

I have to agree. And along these lines, only having email notifications is a real disadvantage. I turned off email notifications because I was getting way too many. But I don’t sit at my desk staring at the asana page all day waiting for a tiny dot to appear to let me know something’s been assigned to me or has moved forward in the production process. Desktop and/or text notifications and alerts have to be integrated at some point for asana to be a real productivity tool. The reliance on email notifications is counter productive.

1 Like

That’s a great way to put it, uma… and I absolutely agree about the counter-productivity of the email notifications.

@Maggie_Reddi:
I would also say that $60/year for a feature that should already be available in Asana seems a bit steep. I already pay less than that per year for a Todoist subscription.

Thanks Amy. We are working on cheaper pricing for users with limited sets of data or that are only using single integrations with us. We are also planning on retroactively crediting users that fall into this category that have already signed up. I agree, the pricing is steep but we are still working through all our models to determine the different cheaper levels we can offer. Once we are complete, $5 per month would get you thinks like export all items to Excel, SQL Server, Access, bi-directional integrations with systems like Hubspot, Salesforce, Dynamics 365, other project management systems which I wont’ name, and many other services. We should have this all finalized by the end of this quarter.

I have tried them all - Todoist, Wrike, Nozbe, Swipes - nothing works as well as Asana for my project and task needs, except when it comes to time/date push notifications. Please, please make this happen. As others have said, at that point, there will be no other real option available but using Asana for everything!

3 Likes

Agreed; everything is amazing except for this big gap in the functionality of notifications. Thanks for chiming in on this thread, Jesse… and don’t forget to ‘vote’ for it (up at the top) if you haven’t already.

1 Like

I noticed that there was a new ‘hack’ available in Asana: “Disable Notifications for Tasks Starting & Due Today.” On that note, and just as a suggestion, @Alexis, hacks could be a great area in which to start experimenting with the ‘due time’ notifications described here.

Also, with 115+ votes and 6,700+ views on this thread, is there any update/insight from your team(s) on this functionality?

Thanks!

7 Likes

Without push notifications at the due time (like every other app in the known universe) your platform is perfect and useless (?_?) especially from mobile… which is the everything. What excuses are you peddling today ? So long after all these folks with valid points have been str8 dismissed ? How many people uninstalled without interaction after just seeing this help topic? It doubles as a shopping list of alternatives! At the very least, give the people some acknowledgement :neutral_face: a lil empathy for the frustration. I mean, don’t you use this too? :thinking:

PS - No one ever mentioned Slack. That’s a pretty cool app depending on what you do and how you’re doing it.

1 Like

In the “switching board to list view and vice versa” topic, you’re telling all these people you hear this request a lot and it’s a dev team priority and you’re working on it, although there’s no timeline or response in like a year, and that’s all the folks over here want to hear. Please :point_up::cry: just a little compassion, please.

The only thing that is missing in the ideal project management tool. The only thing that forces me to use tools like Reminders, Todoist and others. Would love to see it solved!

4 Likes

Tasks without notifications are like filing cabinet without keys!

+1 for notifications; Just like a bazillion other task/project management apps!

3 Likes

I agree. I think we need push notifications on both desktop and phone app. Todoist was really good about that but we had issues with the tasks not syncing and being rearranged too often by others on the team when their tasks weren’t synced so we had to find something else. Asana is almost perfect but it is missing the push notifications.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Private Message about Notif thread

I think a good solution to this problem is to allow the time to merge into google calendar or ical instead of merging over as an all day task.

1 Like

Any news … ?

4 Likes

Hej Kevin.

I would really like your tool for syncing Asana tasks to Google Cal!

1 Like

I can help you get it setup, mostly I used webtask.io to handle some webhooks, but if you’re not a developer it might be a bit of work to figure it out, but I’m happy to help you if you want, maybe we should start another thread.

1 Like