You’re invited to a Community Ask Me Anything with Asana Product Manager, Lili Jiang, who championed the launch of custom fields! Many of you will recognize Lili from her recent webinar about How Asana Product Managers Track Product Launches. Please post questions for Lili in this thread over the next few days and join us in this thread for the LIVE follow up with Lili on March 30th from 9:30am - 10:30am PST!
Ask Lili about
- Using custom fields
- Asana’s behind the scenes process for launching custom fields
- Using advanced search to get a high level view of work across projects
- Communicating launches to the whole company
- Lists vs. boards for product management
- …and more!
How to ask questions
- Login to the Community
- Reply to this thread to ask Lili questions and participate in the LIVE follow up conversation.
- To create subthreads about specific questions, please reply directly to a post and/or quote part of the post (instead of clicking the big purple reply button at the bottom of the page).
Haven’t seen Lili’s webinar about How Asana Product Managers Track Product Launches? Take a look at these highlights and ask Lili about them!
6:30 Setting up the project we used to launch custom fields
9:30 Managing sprints in Asana
9:50 Using Agile in Asana
10:50 Allocating resources using custom fields and multi select
14:50 Meeting agendas and team process projects
16:00 Using template tasks to guide meetings
28:00 Announcing a launch to staff
30:00 Using project tools to communicate between teams
38:00 Commenting in a task for the custom fields launch
38:50 Using advanced search reports to get a high level view of work across projects
Lili Jiang is a product manager at Asana. She oversees several critical programs that have launched the features customers use today, including custom fields. Lili studied operations research at Columbia University before gaining experience at JP Morgan and most recently at Venmo. Lili is skilled at crafting communication and breaking down the complex challenges involved in product management.
Note: while she’d love to answer every single question that comes through, Lili likely won’t be able to answer all questions for the AMA. If you post a question that we aren’t able to answer during the AMA, we encourage you to post a new thread and we’ll be happy to follow up afterward!