Real time, two ways Calendar integration

I agree with Bob. I love Asana as well and the only reason why I stopped using it was because of the calendar syncing. I switched to Nozbe because it syncs with my google calendar within 30 seconds or less of my putting a task into it. Because of that I wouldn’t say its entirely on Google’s end to fix. Hopefully Asana can improve on this. Its very useful.

10 Likes

After the already mentioned GQueues, Droptask, Hitask and Nozbe we can now also add Todoist to the list of task managers that created a successful real-time updating and bi-directional sync with Google Calendar. If all these were technically able to sort this out, why can’t Asana?

Meanwhile, keep an eye on Sunrise replacement KIN Calendar and their public roadmap on Trello - let’s all vote for Asana and hopefully we’ll see an implementation in the near future.

15 Likes

I totally agree with the others. This issue is the last hurdle for me to get my whole uni to churn from Trello. At the moment they use Trello with Calendar Connectors | Cronofy. Asana desperately needs decent two-way sync with Google calendar to remain competitive.

15 Likes

Figured I would chime in as well in regards to improved google calendar integration.

I have recently switched to using Asana and was in the process of migrating my team, but this will cause us to re-think our plan. I had previously been using Zendone which has a very seamless two way integration.

Any clarification on timeline for “near term” or likelihood of this moving from the radar to a planned changed?

Thanks!

8 Likes

We the people of Silicon Valley hereby agree with Sir @David_Schwarz!!! :slight_smile:

If our demands for real-time integration w/ Google Calendar are not met there will be massive consequences byway of no high fives or hugs EVER again! :frowning:

#NoExcuses

#LetsDominateThis

#MakingMoves

7 Likes

Our team also is just starting to onboard and we will also have to rethink and ask for our money back because we rely on calendars and sharing it with our community via google calendar…

PLEASE MAKE THIS A TOP PRIORITY!

10 Likes

Where’s my pitchfork… Ah. There it is. YEAH! WE WANT CALENDAR SYNCING!

12 Likes

I confirm. Real time google calendar sync would be a tremendous help.

At the moment it takes usually 24 hours to see new things, which is absurd. This is no small feature, but a major one so I am writing here in hope that its priority will go up. Asana is generally very useful and new things or small improvements can be a postponed and we wouldn’t mind, but real time google calendar sync is very important, especially if competition already have it and asana is behind.

12 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Welp, I think the pitchforks, hashtags, and all caps, indicates that this is something of great importance for many of you. :slight_smile:

We really appreciate your honesty.

On a serious note, I don’t have a timeline to share (@David_Schwarz) but I’m working with one of our new team members, here at Asana, to advocate for the community and hopefully get the ball rolling on this integration. Any updates to this integration will require a joint effort from Google. It may take some time but it’s on our radar.

Please feel free to tag me with any questions, suggestions, and to check on the status of this development. We hear you loud and clear!

9 Likes

We have been testing Asana for some smaller projects where it wasn’t as much of an issue. But we had considered upgrading to Premium and inviting project partners. However, they won’t participate without easy and real-time Google syncing. So we are on hold for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Melissa! Making a note of this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just started using Asana today. So far everything was perfect. However, after reading this post and notice that google calendar’s integration is really clunky I am not going to use Asana anymore. I am so dissapointed. Google calendar is helpful, Asana should fix this asap.

7 Likes

Started using Asana yesterday (moving from teamwork), and this is indeed one of the weak spots when comparing to the competition. As a premium single subscription is rather expensive for a single consultant, I would expect that this is fixed, so energize the team and let’s see it done !

3 Likes

6 Likes

Now I can remember why I was stopping to use Asana,
Actually, I really love this product, but Google calendar sync is an incredible missing for a Project Management Software.

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on this, everyone! Our product team is aware of your feedback. :slight_smile: Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with!

3 Likes

I would love this two way integration. I’ve looked at switching from Asana in the past, but I haven’t yet because I haven’t found anything easier and prettier. That said, I would love this feature. Anyone have recommendations of something else that does it well?

3 Likes

Just like everyone before me, Google Calendar is an integral part of small businesses. On your main website you say that Asana is designed for “companies with off-the-charts growth to local businesses and non-profits, teams love Asana.”. GC is so important to these clients and a way of life for us small people. Seems very odd to ignore such a powerful tool and the ability to make it useful.

I appreciate you openness in discussing the topic it’s just very disappointing to see no actual results from it other than discussion. Your own company mission is “to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.” This doesn’t feel effortless thus far.

I really enjoy using Asana, I hope it continues to improve. It’s 90% of the way there for us, this is the last 10%.

20 Likes

Well said @Daniel_Ritchey!!!

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
I add that would be helpful if we can edit every information on Google Calendar Events, also if that is not sync with Asana.
Example add location in event: it’s an information not visible in Asana but very useful on Calendar. Or could share that calendar with other people. So Calendar created by Asana have to be exactly as standard Google Calendar!
Thank you and have a nice day! :slight_smile:

3 Likes