Recurring tasks with board projects

For those using boards for Kanban (the most common use case for boards), recurring tasks are currently inconvenient to use.

For example, say I have 4 columns - Backlog, To Do, In Progress, and Done. I have a recurring task under To Do. It follows a flow from To Do to In Progress to Done. When I drag it to Done, this doesn’t actually mark the task as “complete”, so I have to go into the task to tap the checkmark. This is already 2 steps. Then, if it’s a recurring task, the copy (next recurrence) gets created under the “Done” column, so now I have to drag he copy back to the To Do column.

It would be great to have a way to specify the column to create new copies in, and then also to specify a column that will auto-mark as “complete” when a task is added to that column.

Would you consider adding this to the backlog?

If anyone else would find this useful, please leave a comment so that the developers know that multiple users would benefit. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Voting for the thread is also a good start :+1:

2 Likes

That’s right, I forgot the forum has a voting system. Thanks!

1 Like

Without this feature board+repetitive tasks are of no use.

This would be great! I honestly only use Asana because it is what we use at work. It’s not my favorite task/project management app. I want it to be though since I have to use it for work.

I agree. It can be easy to miss a recurring task if it doesnt reset to the first column in a board. I wish this was a setting you could assign to a board for recurring tasks.

1 Like