Resource scheduling and tracking in Asana?

Hi @Gary_Capps,

Yes, looks like we are having the similar problems. I have a couple pain points I’d like to resolve, one being scheduling and the other being able to view capacity of a resource.

I’m not sure if this will help your problem, but have you tried adding collaborators to your task if you have multiple engineers assigned to a task, and then perhaps use custom fields to list out Engineer 1, 2, 3 within the task, so that your engineers can see the task and then as you add the subtasks later, you can assign to those Engineers.

Not sure if that is helpful at all, or make sense?

Vai

1 Like

Thanks, I dont think adding the engineers as collaborators will help, since
that doesnt add the task to their schedule.

Asana recommended Instagant to me as a possible solution.

Gary Capps

Ah yes, I’ve tried using Instagantt too. It’s quite basic but is a possible workaround for your problem.

Hi Vai. We just started using Instagantt for this. We have team members add the estimated time to complete tasks and sub-tasks by adding their estimate of time to the end of each sub-task in square brackets e.g. for one and a half hours [1.5]

Instagantt seems to roll these all up under an assignee under the Workload feature (next to Gantt on the top menu)

That gives us a good idea of how resourced the team is. It’s important to know ahead of time how many hours each team member can actually contribute to tasks each week. This varies as team members have commitments to “non-Asana” work, meetings, etc.

Hope that’s helpful.

1 Like