Search for unassigned tasks

Hi there,

we are implementing ASANA with great satisfaction. One improvement that would help us further, would be a search functionality to show every unassigned task - to pick them up and give them a responsibility.

Maybe there is another way to filter for these, which we didn´t find out. So any hints in this direction are appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks
GW

2 Likes

Ho @Georg_Wende,

there seems to be a non documented search for unassigned tasks:

• Start the advanced search

• Search for the term “nobody” in the Assigned To field.

In my case the result were to my surprise all non assigned taks.

You might also try searching for “not me”. That’s very useful, I think.

Does anyone know more non documented special search strings? Or are they documented and I just didn’t know them…

Alex

12 Likes

And of course we have requested the same for no Due Date.

4 Likes

Is there a way to search for unassigned tasks without premium? We can only do Advanced Searches with the premium membership.

5 Likes

How can I view tasks that are assigned to SOMEBODY at least, i.e. not see tasks that are assigned to nobody - is there an EXCLUDE clause?
See picture here

1 Like

Just chiming in here because I am more or less looking for the same thing - I want to see tasks assigned to EVERYONE in my org except for me (and exclude unassigned tasks). My specific use case is a search that shows tasks I created and assigned by me that are incomplete to so I can see what’s outstanding.

What’s odd is you would think including the filter ‘Assigned By’ = Me would prevent tasks without an assigned owner from appearing, but that does not appear to be the case…

1 Like

Yeh I’m looking for the same thing. I’m trying to find tasks Assigned by me…but this includes tasks that I removed the assignee.

Frustrating…

Workaround is to add a tag to tasks I don’t want to show up in my report. E.g. I use the tag outdated or unassigned.

1 Like

We also need this feature, big time.

Thanks

This is awesome!!

Is there a way to find tasks that are not assigned to any team member yet, so that we do not forget any unassigned tasks?

1 Like

Hi @anon39961120, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Great question! At this time, there is no specific parameters that will enable you to search for unassigned tasks. We do have an existing feature request for this in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this one to consolidate feedback :slight_smile:

Hopefully this is something our Product team can implement in the future. I’ll keep you posted on any updates!

I believe there is, see @Ulli answer above :slight_smile: you can close the thread if you agree :slight_smile:

I learned something new today! Thanks @Bastien_Siebman :raised_hands:t2: Closing off this thread as @Ulli response is indeed the solution! :rocket:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.