Search Task with task ID

I would also like to throw my thoughts on this page, as after working with Asana for the last couple of months I feel like this is an issue that should be relatively easy to fix, implemented in most other ticketing systems I’ve observed, and makes working with Asana more difficult than it should be.

This was requested 10 months ago originally, was it looked at by the product team? Most liked comment on this thread from Nitzan_Wilnai 5 months ago, agree 100%. Add a ticket numbering system to your tasks, sortable by project and/or team. I get that it’s the URL already but that is not easy to work with to find cases, it should be embedded and viewable within the task itself, as well as creation date (not a little comment, actually at the top of the ticket). We have to manually put our own task and ticket #s on everything just so that we can find tasks and it makes using the Asana system more convoluted than it should be. As a ticketing/task creating system, this feature should have been implemented from the very beginning, just like creation date of the task. To me, this is basic stuff that I’ve seen in other ticketing systems.

There should also be a page that allows you to observe the number of tasks, past and present, that someone had sortable by date that the task was created. Task creation date is not currently a sortable search option to my knowledge, just “project, due date, and likes”, all three of which to me are not as important as the actual date the task was created. Add a count and reporting that shows number of tasks and what tasks were solved by a person over a period of time. These are features that would make a big difference to the productivity of our support team here.

Thanks,
Jonathan
US eDirect Technical Services

2 Likes

You need some way to get a numeric reference for a task… a Task ID that is searchable or a field that you can add yourself with a numeric sequence that automatically iterates… when we are working with different teams or referencing Asana tasks in our ticketing system the name is cumbersome and difficult to work with. The task ID would be ideal.

3 Likes