Sort / Collate Projects By Owner

I’d like to have an easy way to see which projects I am the owner of and therefore need to keep on-top of.

I’d also like to be able to see which projects a member of my team is an owner of so that when i’m having a one-to-one catch up with them I can prepare by having a quick look over their projects.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lee

1 Like

I need the same in dashboard view.

Hi @Lee_Denny Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. That said, in the meantime, you might be interested in this workaround outlined by my colleague Kaitie: Sort project list in the sidebar - #3 by Kaitie.

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the reply.

That workaround is pretty cumbersome and inaccurate.

Could you consider building this feature? It’s a pretty basic need of, and functionality for, a project management software system.

Thanks,
Lee

1 Like

I would suggest the workaround options are

• a Dashboard with a custom order
  • create a Project that tracks other Projects

Unfortunately both options require you to manually and consistently update them. And more unfortunately you have to know what is going on (without help from Asana) to keep them up to date.

The Asana search, while excellent for finding Tasks, doesn’t really help you here.

A meaningful solution requires Asana to add at least one of the following.

• A search option for Projects, added to the existing options for Tasks and Conversations.
  • A dashboard that updates and sorts based on Project owner.

Either would be a valuable addition.

3 Likes

I had a look and it doesn’t even look like you can save a custom search / filter / report in the sidebar for quick access. We are relatively new to Asana, but so far it seems to be creating work for our team, not helping get it done!

We are considering moving to Todoist or Flow or something with basic functionalities like this which make it easy to bring important things to the foreground and allow you to focus on what you really need to without creating extra work; if anyone has experience with those let me know?

I’ll keep you updated with our adventures!

Asana does provided a saved search (report) feature. Pretty useful.

It doesn’t say in the guide below, but you can also rename the saved report.

1 Like

thanks vincent, il take a look at this option!

As far as I can see though, this option still doesn’t let you search for a list of projects by owner. This is an essential option for us as well.
Also can I get a report of all projects like the dashboard google report?

@Marie is it going to be possible to view a list of projects that I am owner of in the new Homepage feature? Please please please add it as part of that - it’s so frustrating not being able to see easily which projects I am owner of!

2 Likes

I would also like to see this feature. I’d like to see a list (similar to the “tasks i’ve assigned to others” ) of everyone’s projects & in project order. Right now I can see everyone’s tasks list but the project names are really tiny. It would be great to see a list by owner with each project listed under their name. Is this possible/in the works??!

A combination of these two tasks reports…
Tasks%20by%20Project|690x402

2 Likes

I agree! This would be a really useful feature for handover. I would like to create a report of all projects a person is the owner of so that when they leave the company, we can make sure to update all of these projects with a new owner.

It’s been a while since the original request.

Our company is also needing to search projects by owner. Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

Hi @Tracy1 and thanks for the mention. I’m afraid this is not possible at the moment, and I don’t believe it’s been yet prioritised, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more info on this topic!

1 Like

II was also looking for a way to list projects by owner. We have weekly meetings with each project manager and it’s becoming a real problem not being able to list by PM/owner. Makes for more work ultimately which defeats the object of using such a tool. Anyone know when such a feature might be added?

This will be helpful since I need to see a calendar or task list view of all tasks within my organization regardless of who owns the project. I doubt many of us have time to check each individual team’s projects for updates or task assignment planning.

Reporting based on project owner is the most important report to me - it’s frustrating that I can’t do that. Our tasks are assigned to customers, so reporting on those is not pertinent. I really need to see how many projects my team members are working on to determine work distribution. Portfolios does that somewhat but still does not give me a number - I have to count all of the projects.

1 Like

I too was quite surprised to find that this functionality doesn’t exist.

I would have thought, that if you’re looking for reason to develop this functionality, it could also act as a good place to advertise Portfolios / the Business plan to users.

I was also searching for a function to search for al list of projects owned by X… I can only search for tasks… Especially for cleaning up all the projects it would be great. Therefore I could send my collegues a saved report with their projects to remind them to clean up…

Greetings from Munich :heart:

1 Like

You can use my tool iDO Tools - Improve Asana with our tools and automations
If needed I could create a filter on project owner…

1 Like