Sort project by due date

projects
boards

Hello, I’ve just started using Asana and I’m building my first project (I love the board view!). I can’t see how to get Asana to automatically organise the various tasks, which are under columns, by due date so they provide a timeline of events under each column. I’ve been looking around the web and this community board but I can’t seem to find the answer.

I can see how to order lists with the gear icon but I don’t have such an icon for my project.

If you could help me learn how to do this I would be grateful.

With thanks, Sonia

Hi @Sonia_Gill -
Congrats on creating your first Asana project and glad you’re :heart:ing Board View!

As Boards is a newer feature, there isn’t yet a way to sort the columns by due date.
We’ll note your feedback to our product team.

You can drag and drop the cards into chronological order, but know that’s a bit manual. :unamused:

Thanks for letting me know, at least I can stop searching for the answer now :wink:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Sort by due date feature for boards

Hey folks! For all product feedback on this subject, please post in Sort by due date feature for boards

I agree with Sonia. Being able to sort projects by due date is also a vital need for our company’s use as well. I’m surprised this was not a built-in feature. I do not have time to rearrange items on the boards.