Sort project list alphabetically within a Team

As wonderful as Asana is, could we please get some sort of project sort filter? At the very least, the ability to sort alphabetically would greatly improve workflow.

I understand there are a number of manual work-arounds, like dragging to sort, color coding, etc. While useful in their own ways, work-arounds are still just work-arounds.

19 Likes

I need this feature too.

11 Likes

Here also very much wanted.

7 Likes

Currently, there’s no way to sort the project list.

It would be EXTREMELY useful if we could sort projects alphabetically.

Our naming convention for projects tends to be:
-

So this would be vital for being able to group projects for the same client together.

9 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @RyanS and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic in the Forum, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. Feel free to add your vote to the main thread as your comment will carry over after the merge but your vote won’t.

1 Like

I just started the Asana demo, and I was looking all over the website help section to find out how to sort projects alphabetically. So this is not possible? Can we even sort by a start date? All my projects needs to be viewed at a glance in “date start” order, this may be a dealbreaker.

Also on a related noted, is there an email address to quickly get help if we can’t find what we need in the support section? (there was nothing about sorting projects in there) Most apps have a “help” email address when the information cannot be found. Relying on someone in a forum to reply is not efficient in the workplace.

2 Likes

Can we please have an indication on when this feature may be coming?

7 Likes

we need this! A simple button push functionality would be fantastic.

1 Like

Yes. We definitely need this function!

1 Like

@Marie Is there an update on when there will be an option to sort Projects alphabetically? Thanks!

3 Likes

Not at the moment @Michele_Lewis, and as far as I’m aware this hasn’t been scheduled for the next few months, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have some updates on my end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do I gain the ability to sort my list of projects alphabetically if I upgrade to BUSINESS?

Hi @Jared_Anderson ,

The option to sort projects alphabetically is not available in any of the Asana plans at this moment, but I’m sure we’ll announce here in the community forum once this option is available and in what version of Asana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think you meant to tag @Jared_Anderson :slight_smile:

I did! Sorry for the confusion.

Any update on when this is happening? It is driving my team insane. We might need to switch to another system

5 Likes

Yes, being able to sort projects alphabetically would be hugely helpful for us

2 Likes

Yes, please. The robust search feature is great, but it sometimes much more efficient to scan the full list. It would also helps reveal duplicates.

We love Asana - keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I think I’m in the right place (first time posting. hi all! :wave: )
Trying to see if there is a way to sort individual sections alphabetically. It’s cumbersome that it will sort the tasks alphabetically ACROSS my sections, rather than within…

@Dana_Greiner, and all here,

While you can’t do this in Asana, you can sort by by sections and projects (and many other ways, and multiple sort columns) in the new Interactive Table output format of Asana2Go:

Larry

1 Like