Sorting completed tasks by Completion date

There is an option to sort the completed tasks by Completion date (see the screenshot below). However there are two issues with this:

• There is no option to sort by ascending or descending order
  • The dates shown by the tasks are Due dates, not completion dates. Therefore from the project view it impossible to see how many tasks were completed in the specific day.

Exactly the same is related to the specific member view of the tasks (including My Tasks). So, it is much more intuitive and logical that the user sees completion dates when sorting by completion date is needed.

1 Like

To add to Michinioā€™s comment, I think it would be even better if each item were grouped by completion date. I want to be able to quickly review my progress and the current unstructured list doesnā€™t work for this purpose.

EXAMPLE OF GROUPING:

July 30:

• Submit TPS report
  • Sell 100 widgets

July 29:

• Design space ship

July 28:

• Blah blah blah

Alternatively, it would be great if it were possible to select columns to display and then sort asc/dec by any column. Columns could be ā€˜Completion Dateā€™, ā€˜Due Dateā€™, etc.

4 Likes

I would also like to be able to display completion date in the list view. Currently itā€™s only possible to see this in an individual taskā€™s details of updates or in a download of the data.

3 Likes

I would also like this to be updated. Iā€™ve been waiting for this simple feature for years.

3 Likes

I also want this feature. I tried Asana 3 years ago, and couldnā€™t use it because of this missing feature.

Now I have to use Asana at another job, but my boss wants to see which days I have completed which tasks. And thereā€™s no easy way to report on this.

1 Like

This is absolutely essential functionality, itā€™s crazy to me that this is missing.

3 Likes

Agree! Completion Date not in the grid view is a product gap that should be easily closed. Very surprised this has not happened yet.

1 Like

Yes - this is a big deal. Evaluating the product - the absence of which will likely be a deal killer. Are these monitored by Asana?

1 Like

I believe they monitor. Pleasae ā€œVote Upā€ this product suggestion.

2 Likes

Hi @Trent_Staats and @anon11193516 and thanks for reaching out! You can also learn more about how we manage feedback here: How you can give feedback and what we do next :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please add this. Itā€™s so frustrating not having it, and means we have to use ā€œdue datesā€ incorrectly as the date that a task has been ā€œcompletedā€, just so we can sort and see what was accomplished on each day. This then makes it impossible to track actual deadlines for tasks.

2 Likes

Another vote for thisā€¦ why this isnā€™t a thing?

1 Like

I would also enjoy seeing this sorting option

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m happy to announce we are launching the new Metadata Fields! Going forward, you will be able to add the following fields to the project list view by toggling them on from the Customize Menu:

• Created on
  • Created by
  • Completed on
  • Last modified on

This means you can now see completed tasks and sort them or filter them by completion date :tada:

Thanks for all the feedback you shared about this feature! If you have any questions, please reach out via our #tips category!

Hi there!

just a quick note to let you know Metadata fields are now supported on mobile both for projects and My Tasks. We hope you enjoy this latest addition and we look forward to hearing your feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like