Start up questions

Hi guys,
I have some start up questions about the use of Asana. Hope you can help?

Agenda;
Do you use Asana as your and your team’s No. 1 Agenda?
I would want it to.
I saw in the premium version you can add a start and an end date to a task. Somebody experience with this?
Could you have a project over more days but can you also schedule a person on a task for let say, two hours on day 1 and two hours on day 2?

-As being the project manager can I have an access to everybody’s agenda right? I can just add tasks for myself and my team by creating a task right, it doesn’t have to be under a project?

-Now people get tasks by email. Can you undo this as it gives a lot of spam and just put tasks in my teams agenda?

-We work with 1 team but we do have an umbrella project , let say , client A. that has a lot of projects. In these projects are tasks. Can we not change teams in teams in clients? withs project under that?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Do you use Asana as your and your team’s No. 1 Agenda? I would want it to.
In my opinion, Asana works best when everyone uses it so yes, you should use it as your team’s no. 1 agenda. But I’m not sure if you have a specific vision of what an agenda looks like.

I saw in the premium version you can add a start and an end date to a task. Somebody experience with this? Could you have a project over more days but can you also schedule a person on a task for let say, two hours on day 1 and two hours on day 2?
Yes you can specify start and end dates to a task. You can also assign a due time. So, you could create a subtask for a specific person for when their portion of the work is due. However, you cannot allot time in lengths such as “two hours”.

-As being the project manager can I have an access to everybody’s agenda right? I can just add tasks for myself and my team by creating a task right, it doesn’t have to be under a project?
Correct. You can add tasks and assignments that aren’t necessarily tied to a project. They will display in each person’s “My Tasks.” Unless a person has marked a task private, you will be able to see each persons “My Tasks.”

-Now people get tasks by email. Can you undo this as it gives a lot of spam and just put tasks in my teams agenda?
You can forward an email directly to a project or My Tasks. (This is my favorite feature). The subject line of the email will be the task title, so I usually format the subject line and remove any unnecessary images/text prior to forwarding. More information can be found here.

-We work with 1 team but we do have an umbrella project , let say , client A. that has a lot of projects. In these projects are tasks. Can we not change teams in teams in clients? withs project under that?
As far as I know there is only 1 level of teams. So it must be Teams>Projects>Tasks>Subtasks. You can create multiple teams. More information on teams can be found here.

2 Likes