Sub-tasks assigned to me in calendar view

Want to see all the sub-tasks assigned to me in my personal calendar view. I have a list of all the high-level tasks I belong to, but it doesn’t convert to the calendar view. So I have to constantly cross reference the task list to the Team Calendar to make see which one I’m part of and when the dates are.
Why can’t the sub-task list just show up in my personal calendar view so I can visually see dates??

I really need this feature. Has anyone figured out how to achieve this?

1 Like

The only work around I have found is to pull a report of people (maybe just yourself) assigned to incomplete tasks. Once pulled, there is a calendar view and as long as the subtask is assigned to someone, it will show up here.

@Olive and @Eddie_Bezalel,

In case it wasn’t clear, no task will appear in Calendar View unless it has a Due Date.

So My Tasks Calendar View will have tasks assigned to you with a Due Date.

A subtask will not appear there unless the subtask is assigned to you with a Due Date. But if the parent task is assigned to you with a Due Date it will appear in My Tasks Calendar, and you can click it to see the subtasks.

(I recognize this might not solve the initial request to the requestor’s satisfaction, but I wanted to clarify the Due Date part for others who might see this.)

2 Likes

I created a test subtask, assigned it to me with a due date and I’m not finding it on the Calendar view of the project. Please advise. Is there another step I’m missing?

@Olive, Perhaps what you’re missing is adding the subtask to the project; if you do that (click on Test Subtask’s bubble on the far right so the subtask is showing in the right pane, then do Tab-P and enter Art Request Form) then because it is a member of the project and has a Due Date it will appear on the project’s calendar.

This is a slightly different example than above where we were talking about My Tasks, now we’re talking about a project. In this case you don’t need to have the subtask assigned to you to appear on the Art Request Form calendar (that’s a requirement of My Tasks/Calendar only), but you do need the subtask to be a member of the project (even if the task already is).

If not clear, let me know!

1 Like

Perfect!! Yes, that is what I was missing. In the Sub-tasks, there is no option to “Add to Project” so you have to use the Tab+P option to add! Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Great! Glad it’s working now. An alternative to Tab-P is the subtask’s “…” menu which does have an Add to Project menu item just in case you forget the shortcut.

Ahhh I see, it’s under/behind the Move Task option. There are several Forum topics out there with this concern. Is there a way to merge them together to share with everyone the solution you provided?

If you refresh your browser, you may see that command move from the sub-menu to the top menu! That’s what happened to me this morning due to the recent change:

I’m not sure which posts to merge but @Marie could help there as needed…

1 Like

That did it!! Thank you so much for your help! This is going to be great for Task Management!!!

2 Likes