Subtasks in "My tasks" show in a "No project" project

Hello

When I look in my tasks, all the subtasks assigned to me (in the “Later” section) so in “No project”. Is that normal or did we set-up the parent task incorrectly?

thank you

Hi
Subtasks do not automatically inherit the parent tasks parameters. You can find more info on subtasks here:

Thank you. Just read through it. That’s quite unfortunate. Thank you

Hi @Constant_Mentzas, Michael from Asana here.

Our Team is working behind the scenes to see how best we can remedy this, however adding each Subtask to your Project manually (by using the Tab+P) will allow you to quickly add these tasks to the Projects thus removing them form the “No Project” category.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. Will do for now.

Is it just me or is this a massive problem facing everyone?

I can’t understand why Asana rolled out changes last year that caused all subtasks to not have a project. There may be a good engineering reason for it, but from a product point of view it’s making life so difficult for us. Subtasks don’t appear in calendar view and they also show as having ‘No Project’ in My Tasks and tag lists. This despite there being an actual hyperlink in the subtask to the project… so it does have a project!

And the workaround being touted (i.e. manually add subtasks to the project) is silly because (a) it creates a huge overhead, and (b) all subtasks that are specifically added to a project then show up as parent-level tasks in that project, creating a huge mess of our parent task list. What were they thinking?!

A subtasks should inherit its parent task’s project label. That’s how it was for years and it was working fine. Please roll it back!

I would call this a bug, not a product change. Surely this needs to be fixed pronto…

This problem exists since quite a while now.
Do you know when it is going to be fixed please ?