Support for keyboard shortcuts with international layouts

I want to be able to use keyboard shortcuts, especially Tab-/, but I am currently not able to, since my keyboard layout only exposes / using a shift combination. This sucks big time and makes Asana bordering on useless for international power users.

I have been struggling with this too. @Marie as a French like me, how do you do?

1 Like

I second this - “Tab + /” is not working on German keyboards. Please provide an alternative.

1 Like

Hi @Oscar_Hillestad and @Markus. Thank you so much for reporting this issue! I seem to be having the same issue with “Tab+/” on my French keyboard so I have gone ahead and escalated this bug to our Development Team. @Oscar_Hillestad, could you confirm which keyboard you’re using? @Bastien_Siebman were you referring to the same shortcut? I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get an update!

1 Like

Yes referring to the same shortcut on a French keyboard.

1 Like

I’m using a Swedish keyboard.

1 Like

Thanks @Oscar_Hillestad! I’ve added your report to my bug!

Any news? @Marie

Not yet @Markus, so sorry for the inconvenience! I have just asked for an update and will be in touch as soon as I get one. Thank you so much for your patience, and again, so sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Asana, please change this shortcut so it can be used on international keyboard. Search would be an invaluable shortcut for all of us.

Any news, @Marie?

1 Like

HI @Oscar_Hillestad; I pinged the bug an hour ago; will keep you posted asap!

It’s soon been over a year and this still hasn’t been fixed. Are all your customers American or is there some other reason why you completely ignore internationalization issues like this one?

Same to me with german keyboard. Tab +/ does not work since month. @Marie can you help?

Thanks for the mention @OSTMOST; I’ve reached out to the Development Team just yesterday about this specific issue, so I’m hoping to have an update/resolution soon. I’m aware this issue has be around for quite sometime, and for relying a lot on keyboard shortcut myself, I know how painful it is.

I’m keeping a close eye on this task and will make sure to update you as soon as I have more info! Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

Hi all :wave:t3:

Just a quick note to let you know we have replaced the “Tab+/” shortcut for French and German keyboards with:

• French: Tab + “,”
  • German: Tab + “ö”

The fix is already available in beta; if it all goes well, it should be available to everyone very soon. Thanks again for your patience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Quick update: the fix is now live to all users!

Weird, it does not do anything for me…

Are you kidding? Did you “fix” the issue by changing the keyboard shortcut for only French and German keyboards? What about all other keyboard layouts where the Tab+/ shortcut is still unusable?

Hi @Oscar_Hillestad and my apologies for using the wrong terminology here; I completely understand where you’re coming from. I’m going to liaise with our Team to see how we can resolve this issue for all our customers.

Just to confirm, have you tried both alternative shortcuts? Are either of them working on your keyboard?

Tab + “,”
Tab + “ö”

Thanks again for your help and patience, I look forward to your reply!