Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa)

+1 for switching between Board to List and List to Board

3 Likes

+6 - all of us want this where i work. It’s become a reason to use an alternative product

5 Likes

As a start, our team would LOVE the option to select both columns and rows (“swim lanes”) based on any of our custom tags. Such as status automatically mapping to each column on the kanban and priority being the vertical rows. Or we could quickly swap the rows out for assignee, which would let us quickly drag and drop between assignee while also seeing how is swamped and who is thin on work.

Why doesn’t this already exist? You’re 99% of the way to making this flexibility possible!

6 Likes

Hi - this is something that frustrates my team as well. Please make this happen! Board and list views must be interchangeable.

1 Like

Just adding my little bit of pretty please to this function! I hope we can see that happen very soon!

2 Likes

Consistency. Some projects start as boards, but with increasing complexity need to be re-built as lists.

Planning is what we use boards for the most, but we can’t add a project to a board. So some tasks end-up as mini-projects, under planning projects.

15 Likes

As others have shared, I’m going to have to consider moving away from Asana in the future if this feature isn’t implemented. Disappointed that it’s seemingly been put on the back-burner. :frowning:

4 Likes

This is basic. No fix=loss of client use. Also look add adding native gant chart functionality for timeline view.

6 Likes

+1000 from me! Hoping that there’s already a fix to this.

2 Likes

Fab workaround, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

+3 List to Board view and back.

1 Like

I’m surprised that this issue hasn’t been resolved yet. Does anyone know when we can expect this feature to be available?

1 Like

OK! Still Waiting - We went for Trello in the mean time - We will go back to Asana when this feature gets implemented!

3 Likes

Seriously?

Just started on Asana and of course assumed this would be possible. Other services like Trello allow switching between views elegantly and seamlessly.

You’ve got well over 100 people asking for this on this thread for over six months now. This seems like a simple fix. The only reason I think of that it’s not already done is that whoever sets the development priorities does this based on their own personal preference vs actual user feedback.

Please fix this asap.

8 Likes

Not so off topic: How can I switch to List View in Trello?

Some posts above I thought why would anyone switch back to Trello for the missing feature of a “view switcher” - since imho there are only Boards and no List View at all. To me this behavior rather translated to: “I like the Boards View (or its speed?) in Trello so much better that I can even live without a List View at all.” Well, just asking to understand (or learn about some unknown feature in Trello :wink:

And +1 for a Boards/List View Switcher :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi Hendrik,

SmartSheets is a good example of how this should work:

• Any list can be shown in list view, timeline view or card view.

• It doesn’t matter how it was created

Best,
Stefan

5 Likes

This the first thing I searched when I started using Asana, I assumed this would be one of the obvious things in the system.
It’s a bit annoying as people have been asking for this feature for over 6 months now & they still haven’t implemented it :confused:

It’d be great if people could suggest any other alternatives?

5 Likes

+1 for a Boards/List View Switcher

Really ??? After all this time it is still not implemented ?!

3 Likes

Yeah still nothing? Recently my company is making us using Microsoft Teams
 and it has Asana integration because Planner sucks
 but Teams doesn’t work with Asana Boards (only Lists)
 but everything I’ve done in Asana is in Boards
 need to convert existing projects from boards to list please!

2 Likes

+1. This would be so helpful.

1 Like