Task View (List) - Please show entire project name (need more characters)

I have many tasks with the same name. When I view My Task List, I see several tasks with the same title on the left, the project name shortened on the right (only 9 characters are shown,) due date and the blue dot to mark a due date.

Our project numbers are: project number, client name and project name (ie 3344 - ABC - Custom Residence.) Having a limited viewing field for the project name makes it difficult to understand what project the task is for, especially when we might have 6 active projects for the client ‘ABC.’

See the attached screenshot.

Thanks for your consideration.
Melissa

3 Likes

Agreed! Most of my tasks come from the same set of names, because we use templates extensively in our content calendar. Fortunately, these tasks are actually subtasks, and My Tasks shows the task name next to the subtask name. The project name, as you indicate, is truncated. Ideally, Asana would let you choose which columns or labels appear.

4 Likes

We have the same issue: a lot of tasks with a similar name. Showing the full name of a project is sorely needed.

1 Like

I’d like to add my voice to this request. There’s ample room to expand the project name so that enough shows to be useful. I’m using lots of abbreviations, but that’s often not enough to make the specific project obvious at a glance. Either widen that column’s default width or allow users to globally adjust that column width to serve their nomenclature.

1 Like

Same issue here. The project name is so essential it should be fully expanded so that you don’t have to spend any time figuring it out.

1 Like

I would really appreciate this feature. Maybe make the field size adjustable?

+1, still relevant!

I desperately long for this. I am helping to plan about 20 identical workshops at any given moment, so it gets very confusing when I can’t immediately tell which project my tasks are for.

1 Like

This is a piece of feedback I’ve been hearing a lot from my team. In My Tasks, project names are shown as little truncated tags. We tend to name our projects based on the client name, so all projects for the same client start with the same word. This makes the tags kind of useless, and forces the user to hover over to the tag to see the full project name, rather than read it at a glance.

The only work around is to make very long, repetitive task names that include the project name in every task, which is not ideal. Would be nice to see the full project name displayed somehow - maybe in a separate column? Or in small text above/below the task name?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your team’s feedback @Justine_D! We already have a request for this feature so I have merged your post with Task View (List) - Please show entire project name (need more characters) to consolidate feedback. Don’t forget to cast your vote!

1 Like

Hello,
Is there any update on the request for this feature?
Thanks
Melissa

Hi everyone!

I’m glad to announce it’s now possible to see the entire project name in your tasks list. You can hover over the project name to see the entire name in a tooltip or you can extend the column to give more space to see the entire name.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (20)

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: Do not hesitate to create a new thread in our #tipsandtricks category if you have any questions.

2 Likes