Tasks Created Via Email Needs Due Date

As most of you probably know, sendana.net does all of this for Outlook users as an add-in and a tremendous amount more. We are about 50-60% done with gmail version as seen in the second screenshot, so help is on the way for gmail users in the form of a chrome add-in that pops up inside gmail and what is already working great for Outlook. Available Now

GMail UI

1 Like

@Rebecca_Fiebrink What email system does your organization use?

Exchange

And FYI I’m working on a Mac so don’t have the full-featured Outlook for Windows

Yes, I mean that manually assigning due dates is taking too much time. I’m creating tasks for myself from my own email. I’ve got probably 30 emails a day that should be tasks, not emails. But tasks I create from email are useless without a due date, because I can’t create a search in asana for “tasks with no due date.”

3 Likes

Outlook?

If you use Microsoft outlook on a PC you’ll find everything you are asking for at Sendana.net

Sorry Rebecca, I didn’t catch the MAC use. We are working on a GMail version of sendana.net that will work on the MAC.

Thanks

Jim

Yeah, that’s a flaw - you can vote for that quality of life change here.

But as a workaround, may I suggest an advanced search - tasks you’ve created within the past X days? So you can just take a time to go through the list, sorted by due date (so those without due date are at the top) and add due dates? It’s not ideal, but would maybe help =\

Rebecca, we have an integration built with Outlook on Mac that allows you to enter a due date when creating a task. You can find out more here: bit.ly/2ugf2to.

+1 on wanting the ability to create a due date from a task created via email.

Would be great if I could just add say [1/8/2018] to the email subject line and it auto-assign to that date.

4 Likes

What email system and hardware do you use. I am sure you are aware that there is a GMail Add-in and an Outlook to Asana add-in for Windows based computers.

Hi @Michael_Kinney and all! I took the liberty of moving this thread to the #productfeedback category. Feel free to vote! And/or let me know if you’d like me to move this back to the integrations category. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi James_Carl,

Yes, I have the gmail add-in added to my Google Apps when I am on my Mac. However, I am on the go a lot, so process a lot of email on my mobile devices. So being able to create a task with a due date direct from an email would decrease time having to send to Asana, then load up in Asana, assign a date in Asana.

2 Likes

Hi Rebecca, et al. _ I have this issue; sending Email to MyTasks, reviewing each day in Asana to establish a Due Date. I was able to create a Search Report selection Tasks without Due Dates which made assigning them faster.

I did this: Create a search report with DUE DATE = ON, then leave the date field empty.

Still have to go into Asana to assign dates, but easier to find all the ones that need dates.

Steve

3 Likes

I would really love to see a method of adding a due date to the task. for instance entering duedate:dd-mm-yyyy in the subject of the e-mail.

3 Likes

Hi @Maurits there is already a thread on this topic, you can check it out here: Tasks Created Via Email Needs Due Date - #35 by Steven_A_Woodruff

My vote for this feature request!

The email → task functionality has turned Asana in to almost the perfect task management tool to get me out of my inbox. It’s lacking one very crucial piece: setting due date (and automatically putting it in the “later” bucket).

Perhaps it could scan the email for “due:5/12/17” or something similar

3 Likes

It would be great to be able to add deadlines (due dates) when emailing a task to an Asana email (e.g. x@mail.asana.com). Otherwise, as things stand, we can email a task to Asana but have to go in there and put in a due date which is less efficient than just submitting it through email.

Thanks.

3 Likes