I have deleted team members but they are still showing in the drop down when i try assign tasks
It’s possible that you removed them from a team (in a free Organization), but did not remove them from the Organization itself. If that’s the case, they may not show in any teams, but will still appear in the typeahead when you’re assigning tasks.
To fully remove these members from your Organization, simply follow the steps below:
- Access any team’s Settings from the sidebar: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/team-basics#gl-edit
- Navigate to the Members tab
- Invite this person you want to remove: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/members#gl-invite
- Immediately after inviting, find their name in the Members list, and use your mouse to hover over their name
- Click Remove
- Then, click Remove Access
- Finally, click Deprovision
Note that it is 3 clicks: Remove > Remove Access > Deprovision
You must click all 3. The second click removes the person from the team, and the third click fully removes them from your Organization. If you need to, you can also have a look at the GIF in this article: https://asana.com/guide/help/organizations/basics#gl-free-depro.
Hope this helps!
Duplicate Users - How to remove?
After removing users, they remain in the system. How do I permanently delete them?
The settings show 4 users, and in the assignment to task 6.