I made chrome extension to work with Asana.
Build rich features as compared to scantily featured official chrome extension.
In Production - available for use. Current user base of ~2000.
I am not associated to Asana in any way.
Objective to make this post - get my work to wider audience, initiate discussion to collect ideas for future.
Some of the highlights of my work:
- No advertisements, no tracking.
- Free and Open Source.
- No authorization/login required - piggybacks on Asana login session.
- Uses Asana REST APIs for account data - uses recent fast APIs.
Extends the barely useful functionality of the official chrome extension.
Short summary of features:
- Create Task - with selectable workspace, project, assignee, tags, followers, deadline(due on or due at), task name, description
- Task Listing - see my tasks(todo list), tasks by project/tags
- Task Edit - can change name, description, project, assignee, tags, followers, task activity history, add/view comments
Planned for future
Have couple of more ideas for future
translate the UI into non-English languages. For older Asana there was a chrome extension to achieve this - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/asana-translate/mmmjfjdbamonmaajclfcpicaanaonlfc (defunct now). Would like to revive this.
live notifications about activities.
Looking forward to get a few suggestions and ideas.