"This project has too many tasks to sort by assignee. Try another view or use Advanced Search ." error when trying to change view options to sort by assignee

So, I have some co-workers that have been running into this issue for a few days now where they go into the tasks of a particular project, then try to sort said tasks but who they were assigned to but end up with an error message after changing the sorting option. Every other sorting option seems to be working fine so it really has me scratching my head as to what could be mucking up that one option in particuar.

Hey @Jason_Combs1; we’re aware of this issue (which is why we have added this error message), and rest ensure that we’re still working toward improving performances. In the meantime, the easiest way to work arount his problem would be to follow the error message advice, and to run an Advanced Search for all tasks within this project. You can then sort your search results by assignee, and save this report (Using Search & Advanced Search in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide) if you need to access it frequently. I know it’s not ideal, but it might be a good workaround for the time being!