Do you want to use Asana for private casual chats? Here’s how I do it:
I created a team called PRIVATE CHATS and invite everyone to join. Then I create a project called [Instructions] with these tasks.
- Create a project called “[first name] [last name]” e.g. John Smith
- Make the project Private to you only - -this is now your private channel.
- Create a task as subject of your discussion and type your message in the comment box.
- @mention or add the person(s) you want to communicate with on this subject as a task follower(s)
- Since this task is private to you and the person(s) you invited as follower(s), it’s only visible to you and him/her/them and to no one else and the conversation is totally private, as well as files added etc.
- You may even assign action tasks to each other if needed using subtasks.