As one of Asana’s Customer Success Managers, I’ve heard of multiple customers running agile processes in Asana and wanted to share my top tips I’ve learned from them.
1. Manage your product backlog in a List project (example below)
- Epics = sections
- User stories = tasks
- Priority, estimated time, etc = custom fields
2. Create a fresh Board project for each sprint - https://asana.com/guide/help/views/boards (example below)
- Stage = columns (To do | Doing | Done)
- Add tasks / user stories from the backlog project to also live in the sprint project - https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/fields#gl-multi-home
- Move tasks from one stage / column to the next as work progresses
There’s more info around sprint planning in our Guide, https://asana.com/guide/examples/eng/sprint-planning, but I’d love to hear how you all are running your agile processes in Asana!